• Replies 877
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

Sam’s whole point was that danger and violence follow Jason wherever he goes and she doesn’t think that’s the right environment for her kid to be in. What’s so wrong about that again? The Morgan comment was a heated response because Carly refused to see that Sam had a legitimate reason for being afraid for her son’s safety.

Sam explained herself with sound judgement - she was in love with Jason when they conceived Danny, but being a mom made her grow up and change her lifestyle because it wouldn’t benefit her kids. Carly won’t admit that’s a valid excuse because she’s failed a number of times as a mom to protect her kids for the lifestyle she chose to raise them in. 

• Members

Ned changed his surname from Ashton to Quartermaine quite a few years ago; and Olivia took the Quartermaine name when she married Ned.  
Ned legally adopted Leo, so I think Leo's name *is* Quartermaine?

• Members

We just don't agree. Sam's absolutism does not allow any room for compromise to allow for a son who wishes to have a relationship with his father & vice versa. She doesn't allow any room for something to be worked out. Carly's perspective is from that side of the equation because she knows what Danny wants & she knows Jason. And, she has absolutely no reason to be in support of Sam's position. There's still not a scintilla of any reason why Carly should be supportive of Sam's position. It's amazing that Sam somehow thought Carly would go to bat for her. So, we'd best just agree to disagree. 

I would've thought Quartermaine. 

• Members

I really enjoyed John J. York's return today as Mac. Nicely written, nicely done.

I think the Mac relationship to Cody really helps us care about the Cody character. Compare this to BOLD and Bill discovering he has a daughter. I care so much more about Mac discovering he has a son.

• Members
Posted (edited)

I liked today

Mac is back and it worked well

Tracy/Cody was good

Stella helping with finn I like

Alexis is a lawyer again

Brook & Sonny convo was good

Was a little stumped on Natalia. Maybe she is trying to evolve. Maybe with Sonny's help, she could

I do want to see Gio do more than just work

Edited by John

• Members
Posted (edited)

I do not think the show has spent nearly enough time on Sam’s reasoning and Danny since the first month Jason was back. I have never been a Sam fan. However, The reason her feelings/what she said to Carly resonate more with me than what Carly thinks is because Jason is still being shot at. Sonny is still in the mob. Carly is still involved enough that she is trying to insert herself into the Pikeman situation, and would get in the middle of it all in a heartbeat. The three of them have essentially not changed. Sam has.

Sam is married to a police officer who has always kept a wall up a little bit where Sonny was concerned. Danny is rebelling, Sam is afraid of not only for his safety but of having her whole life be a constant danger again. Carly doesn’t care about any of that, Carly is ride or die no matter what it means to her family. She tried to take over Sonny’s territory with Jason a couple of years ago. She is always going to believe that Jason will keep them safe, even if history has proven that doesn’t always happen and comes at a cost.

If we take the show at its own internal logic, Sam Is an example of someone deeply ensconced in Sonny’s world that decided she didn’t want to be anymore. And that would mean keeping her kids away from Jason too.

We finally get these characters having a point of view again that puts them at odds with each other. Natural conflict based on history is so rare on a soap now. I like Jason way more than Sam, always have. But I agree with what she is saying and why.

I also think Liz has not shown the same type of growth when it comes to Jason that Sam has. And so it makes total sense to me that Liz would encourage Jason/Jake to work on their relationship.

His return started with Dante in critical condition for weeks. I know the show is choppy and drops things too much due to contract guarantees. But there is a direct line for me from Jason’s return to that conversation.

Edited by titan1978

• Members

It may have been irrational, but I was also totally cool with Sam telling Carly that if anything happened to Danny, she would also hold her equally responsible as Jason for being his #1 enabler. In most of that same episode Jason was still trying to protect Carly from the feds at the continued expense of his relationships with his kids. 

• Members

Ok something regarding Jason and Michael, the way GH portrays it bugs me. When it comes to there relationship I feel like GH always plays it as either Jason sacrificing for Carly/Sonny spawn, mykill is just seen as Carly kid for Jason not Michael is his nephew also. It's strange to ignore they're actually blood related and his brother son not just Carson kid with him. I know this show hates AJ but it's weird to me

Please register in order to view this content