• Members

Stamos said it was going to be revealed during the 50th that Blackie and Jackie were together, they were going to walk the red carpet together, I believe for the nurses ball,  and he refused. I think he was also going to be in Rick Springfield’s band.

He wanted Blackie to have a more meaningful return with people he had scenes with, Kin, Tony, Jack Wagner, Denise Alexander if she was there, etc. After he refused I’m not sure what happened with Demi.

The show might be a mess, but PM worked some magic with both Drew and Nina. I haven’t cared for Cam’s Drew, or either Nina. Now I am actively looking forward to Nina scenes.

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

If they wouldn't deal with one of their major [former] stars, I too doubt they'd deal with a recurring player that had been there less than one-year.

Doubt Demi Moore would go back for a guest spot like a wedding for a child she likely doesn't know her character has. But there sure are plenty of other actresses who could have been cast, but I don't see it as necessary.

• Members

I just assume Demi said no to the stupid "Blackie and Jackie" gag cameo Frank and Ron had offered period. I don't think they ever had a prayer there with her though.

• Members
Posted (edited)

Easily recastable role, but I think and agree with them that Jackie’s not really worth the effort. I’d rid this show of every last Chase if I was ever in charge. 

Like most of the “illness of the year” stories GH has done over the past decade - who cares? Gregory’s relationships on the show weren’t that strong and were limited to a few people. A waste of a talented actor in a very poorly devised and unnecessary role.

Though, he did bring more airtime for Tracy in recent months, so there’s that. I really need an actual story for her though - Jane is up to the task and wants to work, get it the hell together! It would probably be the only thing left to interest me on this show at this point. 

Edited by BetterForgotten

• Members

That might be it. When they audition they need to see if the person they are in scenes with get horny. My pitbull knows when people are horny so maybe they could use him when they cast? Like a drug sniffing dog?

FYI, I'm not sure if I'm joking or not.

• Members

I could not agree more. It started with the one I have blacked out that was dating Joss. Then Mike. Now Gregory. None of them elicited any emotion in me, and I am the easiest cry on the planet.

• Members
Posted (edited)

We were just spoiled. Look at GL in the early 90’s. You had a stacked cast full of fantastic actors. And we also got to see Dylan with his shirt off. It was a win/win. Sometimes, with a Rick Hearst or Peter Reckell on DAYS or Kristoff on Y&R, you get one that can do both- highly charged emotional scenes and hotness.

Every soap knew this and fed their audience appropriately. For every Terry Lester’s Jack or Robert Woods as Bo we also had a Brad Carleton and a Cord Roberts.

Edited by titan1978

• Members

I agree that we as soap fans were spoiled. In various ways, at various times, on different soaps, ... 

About the show today it was PM/EK Epi 49:

The scene with Michael & Joss at a table was a filler scene. It was added later. (But it sure as hell, fit.)

Today was a remarkable day for a soap. Amazing dialogue, characters drastically changing their positions. Joss made a 180. Kristina made a 180. Blaze helped Kristina get a clue!!! And, Dante, god bless him, finally told Sonny off! All of Sonny's adult children. Michael trying to take care of Kristina, but having left over to perceive that Joss is still in love with Dex. Not only is Kristina a better person when she's with Blaze, but she is smarter. Going to Dex as she did was so ... unlike her. 

People beginning to deal with the news of Gregory's demise. Liz, quickly perceptive, found her backbone, so assertive. 

• Members

For me, the problem was giving Gregory an illness like ALS -- one that is debilitating and ugly, and like Alzheimer's, can be a long goodbye.

No, daytime audiences do not want to see that devastation on twayheir screens, but it's a cheat to end it the way GH ended Gregory's life.

I do agree with others who are pretty much unaffected by this death. I just don't care all that much.

• Members

Just to clarify since I get all GH Michael Easton characters confused, Finn's problem was with pills correct?  Specifically opiates?  Not alcohol, right?  I know, I know he follows the 12 steps and drinking is a huge no.  I just wanted to know if that was his actual vice or not.