• Members

For me, Ainsworth grated for me in the role. I found it so annoying whenever she appeared. Again, this is during her first stint in the role. Her return was a different story... she felt more comfortable in the role, and it worked better from my POV. And Erik Valdez was a solid hire in a less-than solid role, and Trey should be forgotten completely. Along with Parker. 

Please register in order to view this content

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

I really wish these shows wouldn’t cave into actor preferences if it does a disservice to the actual characters they’re supposed to play. They’re actors - love scenes are very technical and you’re not cheating on your real life spouse.

Also, while AS is an observant Jew, BLQ is not. Perhaps if you’re an actor, it doesn’t serve you well to portray characters that go against your personal belief system - unless, of course, you can better separate these two aspects of your life and realize that one is just a job and has no bearing on your personal beliefs. 

• Members

Very well said. 

But, about Kristina & why they are doing this. They are doing it for the overarching story elements. 1. Some people had to at least start out on Sonny's side. 2. Krissy has long been a "Daddy's girl" so she was an obvious choice. As it is, Sonny's side only had Ava, Dante & Krissy. 

• Members

But plenty of other married actors are capable of doing these kind of love scenes and intimate moments. I'm not here to knock them for their choice... I'm just wondering why together they have this point of view.

• Members

And on TwiX there's this dedicated group of ChaLynn fans & they are posting ALL these GIFs and ALL these Edits showing what they perceive to be this Grand Romance. And, also getting onto people who express the opinion that they should get other jobs if they feel this way. I am not amused. 

• Members

I can see that.  She was pretty obnoxious.  I just thought she was perfect for Sonny's bratty daughter.  

I do think Mansi is great though and absolutely love what she is doing with the role even if I didn't like yesterday's take in particular.

I think it's more AS than JS.  JS was fine doing love scenes with Willow.  I think Josh is just respecting his co stars choice and beliefs.  Which is nice, I suppose.

• Members

I am knocking Valentini for allowing this crap to happen in the first place. It’s show business, not show friends. Don’t let your actors dictate how these characters should be played if it’s not consistent with who those character are. 

• Members

That's what I love about classic movies: a simple look or touch can express more passion between two people than a dozen hot-and-heavy love scenes.  But, like you've suggested, it only works when the couple in question has genuine heat between them.