• Members
Posted (edited)

Like I said, the whole Mulcahey/Korte experiment has been weird.  Never, in all my years of soap viewing, have I ever witnessed any soap spending so long doing absolutely nothing.  Never!  Even the worst of the worst HW's have hit the ground running whenever they began decimating yet another, beloved show.  That's why I'm convinced there's been a power struggle BTS, regardless of who's spilling what tea and whether their tea is, in fact, legit.  I mean, the results speak for themselves.  THIS is what happens when you've got a team (HW's and EP) who can't agree on anything.  You just get some great dialogue and a bunch of people changing jobs, lol.

You know something's wrong when, as soon as a couple gets married, you're looking forward to when they get divorced.  God knows I could do without Chase OR Josh Swickard, but dear God, no one deserves to be married to GH's answer to Laura Ingalls Wilder.

Edited by Khan

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

Agreed.  I feel like I know nothing about what PM could have done because nothing happened.  I have been a pretty vocal detractor of the show only because I wanted some movement.  It's definitely the most bizarre head writing stint in recent history and I can't tell you anything about it except Sasha became a cook lol.  I know PM had ideas and stories I just wish we got to see one.

Chase/Brook Lynn are just there.  They are mostly inoffensive, easy to watch, pleasant, but boring as hell.  I am sure they would be a delightful couple to know in real life.  I don't want my soap couples to be people I would know in real life.  I need drama, sexiness, obstacles, passion, high emotions, etc.  Brook Lynn and Chase's big obstacle was if Gregory was going to croak mid ceremony and some concern about Brook Lynn being rich.  ZZZZZZZZZZZZZ.........................

• Members

At the very least, Chase and BLQ should possess contrasting personalities, like early Tom and Margo (ATWT) or Mason and Julia (SaBa), so that even if there aren't any big, soapy obstacles to their happiness, they're still entertaining to watch. 

I liked the idea of BLQ's wealth becoming an issue for her and Chase, especially if Chase had been in a position where he was unable to provide for the two of them financially, which, in turn, would have caused him to feel like less of a man and sent him down a very different path.  Unfortunately, they've played the Chase is injured/Chase is off the force storyline already.

• Members

That's pretty much my rebuttal to everyone who says this proves PM isn't HW material.  I can't even accuse him of merely continuing his predecessor's storylines - like I could with Douglas Marland and THE DOCTORS - because PM wasn't there long enough to know if that was his intention!

• Members

What a summary, sheesh, but, yeah, right on the money. 

And, speaking of, I was talking to my great friend at the studio, about the color palette & Wally not being available for fittings but then I brought up all of Ned's great lines & mentioned there being so many great lines & he tossed off, 

Love her or hate her Elizabeth Korte was on top of the writing for this wedding.

So, I'll just let that statement lie there. 

• Members

I think the most we got structurally (vs. individual scenes, etc.) of any PM vision was the Drew/Nina affair and wheeling/dealing in business, the town's change re: Sonny, the Valentin reveal re: Pikeman, the accountability towards Jason from his children/exes and Alexis returning to the law and soon meeting

Please register in order to view this content

And possibly the poison hip saga, which I had more time for than some.

I may be conveniently crediting him only with the things onscreen I liked. Who knows? But I did like them and I did like many standout scenes or quieter ones. There have been rumors claiming he was immediately relegated to doing dialogue and breakdowns vs. plot, and I'm not sure I buy that. I do think he was clearly also disempowered, if it's true he wanted to cut the cast and was stymied.

• Members

Ya know, I don't want to diminish anyone's expressions of speculation, theory, opinion, etc. but I would find it 97% unlikely that a firing like this would be over one anything, one character, one issue, one storyline, etc. I also don't believe that Patrick would have been against Heather & cobalt poisoning. 

• Members

I think the show would have been better served to show real class differences between Chase/Brook Lynn.  As it is Chase is from an upper, white middle class family and Brook is from a wealthy, white class family.  It's not much difference.  Neither would starve if Chase lost his job.  And he can moonlight as a "singer" if it all falls apart anyhow.  It's all bland.

If PM was responsible for that I believe that was the best thing brought to the show recently.  It made me at least interested in two characters that I had no patience for.

• Members
Posted (edited)

I think they talked about it quite a bit early in PM's tenure in some refreshing mature scenes. But it still didn't make me want Chase around lol. They really are like young Mormons.

Edited by Vee

• Members

I would have Brook Lynn and Chase become foster parents, maybe tie them to Ward House (was that ever brought back - I can't remember) and use that to bring back Keesha or other relatives. And it would fill the house with more characters, as Monica is rarely there and we're lucky to even have Tracy back. Maybe Tracy could form a bond with one of the children who reminds her of herself at that age. 

I'm sure Frank would love to cast more child actors on the show, so it could be a win/win. 

I wonder how all the Nina fans who were upset over the Drew stuff feel. I actually do get why they were upset with her losing and losing and losing, but it did seem like her story was leading somewhere for her. Now that doesn't seem likely.

• Members
Posted (edited)

Most of those fans were all about her and Sonny. Frankly I don't think Nina has ever been better or more interesting than the last few months. It wasn't about daily humiliation unlike the last few years, but growth.

Edited by Vee