• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Administrator

GH has now fallen in Total Viewers for FIVE straight weeks and are almost an an all time low (if you don't count a certain week in 2020 where they had an unscheduled airing).   You can't have these crappy endings and expect people to want to watch the next episode. 

• Members

Yeah. Hopefully more tune in for the wedding. It does look like a big cast event. In demos GH seems to be staying or slightly increasing. At the end of the Day I have issues with Nielsen but its what they use. 

• Members

It may be a big cast event, but are there any real hardcore fans of Chase/Brook Lynn?  They are basically a C-level coupling.  It's not like Luke/Laura are getting married or even Jason/Carly who might have a medium size following lol.  I don't really seeing it bumping ratings much.

• Members

I thought one of the  basics in laying out the weeks stories is

A. What are we building towards for a Friday cliffhanger?

B. What can function as a M-Th cliffhanger from the various stories we are playing that week?

I can remember Bill Bell even having fake cliffhangers to hook us eg 'That's it, I'm going to Dad's  office right now to confess about  my night with Jill' only to have him change his mind in the next ep.

• Members

I totally forgot about the temp recast lol.  

I really do like a big wedding and/or cast event.  I just wished I liked Ned/Lois's only daughter and Tracy's granddaughter much more than I do.   I don't care about Chase or his family at all.  Brook Lynn and Chase are okay as a couple and I suppose they are the only couple at the stage to get married on canvas.  I just wished they inspired me with any sort of feeling lol. 

When is the last time GH had a huge wedding though? 

• Members
Posted (edited)

1.875,000 mil

Down for the 5th straight week and 4th straight week under 2 million. 

Down in the year over year to the tune of 300,000 from May Sweeps 2023 for the second straight week. 

Is it time to see it takes more than sparkling dialogue to cut the mustard? They were staff writers for a reason that have little to no pedigree of head writers. You can tell from the lack of any soapy drama in 2 1/2 months and majority of time put into yawning filler conversations. Stories move ratings. So does action. Not dialogue. They are needlessly tinkering for the sake of it to mix and match like there is no urgency to entertain. All of their episodes end in the most forgettable uneventful way. 

And entirely too much of Cameron Mathison day to day which says it all about this huge misfire to reach lapsed viewers if you are banking this hard on "Drew". 

Edited by Vince79

• Members
Posted (edited)

SoapHub says today is the calm before the storm. I say screw that, all we've been having is calm, let's have some damned storm!!!

The only excitement among GH fans is Nancy Lee Grahn trying to convince people that Haley Pulos is somehow the victim, poor thing having to suffer so in the detention center but mentioning how nice the guards are to her. Now you can imagine the reaction to these multiple posts by NLG trying to drum up sympathy for one who is called THE BRAT. 

Edited by Contessa Donatella
more

• Members

Am I correct in believing that viewership peaked this year in the week of January 15-19.

Total Viewers
1. Y&R 3,388,000 (+38,000)
2. B&B 2,891,000 (+67,000)
3. GH 2,231,000 (+39,000)

That was when Spencer let Nikolas run away with Ace. I found that offensive and I wasn't alone. Viewership has been dropping since.