GH: March 2024 Discussion Thread

• Members

I don't think Jason knows Britt is dead yet. 

But no matter what Jason, Carly, Brenda, Karen, Jagger are all the same age.  Everyone (except Carly) went to high school together, but Carly has been said to be the same age.  Only Robin and Stone were younger.  

I think he vaguely aged in real time until Drew Garrett took over? While Chad Duell looks a little rough around the edges I don't think he was SORASED much.

I wish there was a flashback

Idk if there is a more formidable Bobbie memory.  That was a big thing for Jason at the time and I agree with that choice.  

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members
Posted (edited)

I'll give in on the SORASing aspect because @carolineg has helped me reconsider my reaction.

But, my point remains that, as of today's episode, it feels like Jagger has devised a plot that is overcomplicated and expensive to take out Sonny.  I know Sonny's gone a long time without being critically injured or jailed for more than a few days, but at this time, it feels like there must be a simpler solution to John's feud. 

Edited by j swift

• Members

It’s funny I just watched several episodes from when Bobbie was helping Jason with Michael after his heart surgery. She was invited to the christening, and the Q’s were not, which created friction between them. She even slips Monica in to see the baby while Jason is out. All of this was right before Carly told her she was Caroline.

Bobbie really was still central to a lot at that point.

• Members
Posted (edited)

Jason was obsessed with baby Michael in the '90s. There was nothing bigger in his life at that time, other than Robin (and even she got the broom for Michael eventually).

Edited by Vee

• Members

Two last observations from today's ep.

1. The reason I like John and hope he's not a baddie, is that I appreciate his ability to read people.  Both in terms of the stinging remarks he's made to Anna and Sonny, as well as his insight into Carly.  He's a smart character, and his insights align with his role as an FBI agent.  So, I hope he's fighting for a noble cause.
  2. Watching GH and DAYS back to back, I appreciate that GH has longer scenes where characters are allowed to have more than a couple of lines of dialogue before they cut to commercial.  Jason's exposition could easily take up the full hour on DAYS, with tons of closeups on his beleaguered face.  This episode was well paced and that was a relief. 

• Members

You mean in addition to? Or instead of? Cause I'm all in for the former but not in for the latter. 

"I want to trust you, Ava, but dammit you're up to something." - Harris, DAYS, 3-14-24

Steve Burton, on both shows, 2 Avas, both up to something! 

• Members
Posted (edited)

Drew dipped on Carly in record time lmao. All he had to know was that Jason was alive and inside the United States and he hit the meme.

image.thumb.png.9805f69e1f667b9e5588f8c8

I found their break-up quite rushed but I'm not complaining; anything that ends a lot of the onscreen nonsense is fine by me. I just hope certain elements (Drew and Jordan) are the last vestige of the past team. If they want to say Kristina woke up having miscarried that baby I won't complain either.

I have a very hard time buying certain people being split on Jason shooting Dante. I can't see Sam buying that or many other people who knew Jason well, and Sonny is a struggle unto itself for me but I fanwank that atm by assuming he is paranoid, possibly off his meds and maybe still feeling jealousy re: the Carly situation from a couple years ago (which to their credit they had him address as a factor on Thursday). Nonetheless, I handwave it because the drama makes for something more interesting than everyone in town rallying around St. Jason again. I was also glad to hear Faux!Molly address her old hero worship of Jason and Sam.

On a side note: Nice to see another awkward scene where Willow and Drew are clearly down to fúck. Not the first time!

Edited by Vee

• Members

Drew Garrett is 34 and Chad Duell is 36. Under Garrett's portrayal, Michael was stated to be 17 (2009), which would have made his birth year 1992 (as displayed on his name-changing documents in 2014). In 2015, it was toyed around that his birth year was 1991 because of Morgan's age, but 1992 is the formidable year. So, both Garrett and Duell were playing three and five years younger than the are, respectively.

At this point they should. Willow can claim to have a "daddy complex."

• Members

Sonny hasn’t been the same since Nixon Falls. Maybe there is something to play there in regards to Jason. He is also mostly isolated except for Ava. Sonny isolated traditionally means he is on the verge of a breakdown/in one. Plus he is paranoid after Michael/Dex was revealed.

I don’t find it all that strange Sonny thinks something is up with Jason. Because Sonny at his Guza core is a selfish bastard that wants power more than anything. Not being in the know is a threat to his power. We have seen grandpa Sonny who is pretty mild for close to decade. Him being volatile and unreasonable is back to 2000’s basics for him.

What I am hopeful for is that other characters are allowed to be as strong as him, so that the show doesn’t slip back into Sopranos lite like it did when Sonny/Carly/Jason became the dominant characters.

• Members

I have a hard time believing both Sam and Sonny would be so convinced Jason did this too.  I could see them doubting Jason's motives, but not set on Jason being the one that shot Dante like they are.

If Willow and Drew had sex it would be the first interesting thing either of them did.  Michael walking in on them drinking wine together did have an awkward beat to it lol.

Thanks!  Makes sense. I was going off memory, but knew it was only a few years just because of how long we had to watch Dylan Cash run around.  I think we can all say thanks to the soap gods that they didn't keep him in the role ala HP or KMc.

• Members

I don't think Sam is set on it, but I do think she's a bit too suspicious. Sonny I can live with it because he is in his self-pitying mode, paranoid and has raised the Jason/Carly issue to Lois.

• Members

It's a real leap from Jason wanting to bang Carly to wanting to kill Sonny though.  I can't say I mind the choice in Sonny's case, but it makes me quite weary that we are going all in with Jason/Carly soon.

Has anyone even told Liz her baby daddy is alive?

• Members

I honestly don't care if most everyone gets informed offscreen at this point. This is at least Jason's second or third return from the dead if we're not counting NuJason/Drew, which we should. I have watched those reactions many times and I don't need to again. Just bring him on and do what you're gonna do, I say. Which so far they have.

It will be interesting to see if they actually commit to Jason and Carly as I still think Steve and Laura have no romantic chemistry.

• Members

It's just funny how excited those Liason fans were for SBu's return and Liz is just such an afterthought in all this.

LW has no romantic chemistry with SBu, MB, or CM.  So the three main men in her life lol.  It's too bad because SBu is paired with TB's Ava on Days and they do have the romantic chemistry to sell a Carly/Jason pairing.

• Members
Posted (edited)

Welcome. Dylan Cash was a cute kid, but to fit the generic, stereotypical mold of a male soap actor, he would never have been fit for it, and while that's OK, it is clearly not the direction they wanted for Michael.

Please register in order to view this content

In 2018 with Tamara Braun (ex-Carly; ex-Kim):

Out of the three of them, Wright has the best chemistry with Steve Burton.  Where the fück is Charles Mesure's John Brennan? They had immediate chemistry and I do sense some forced chemistry with Adam J. Harrington's John Cates, which further flames my Jax recast idea, LOL. Hell, she even had slight chemistry with Sean Blakemore & Brandon Barash!

Edited by Liberty City