GH: March 2024 Discussion Thread

• Members

The monochromatic sets of the mid-2010s, due to the horrible One Life cameras, was such a disappointing look for the show. I'd love some colour thrown in, too, but I just don't think that's the style right now (judging from HGTV). "Color" equates to "dated" right now, as unfortunate as it is. It's also why I was disappointed when Elizabeth's house was painted Chancellor Mansion blue from the original woodwork. It changed everything that felt different to feel.... the same as other sets.

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

The show was bad in November and early December. The show got good in the second half of December, January, and the first week of February. The rest of February was bad. In March it has gotten good again.

• Members

Just watching the 8 March episode… I agree with everyone who has said that the dialogue has elevated itself to another level. Extremely character-driven and yet is still advancing the plot. 

The Carly/Jason scenes were well done - LW and SB still have that chemistry, and there was genuine emotion underpinning that whole sequence.

I was actually pleasantly surprised with the Michael/Willow/Joss/Dex scenes - again, all about the emotion, all about the character, all about the underlying motivation, especially the ongoing resentment against Sonny.

Ava/Nina in the chapel - what the hell is Ava up to???

The Dante and family scenes - all the right beats played.

Alexis/Diane - good use of history between those two, and great segue into Alexis’s possible return to law.

And yes that was a good decent Friday cliffhanger - Carly did that brilliantly…

• Members

Only one detail here, nitpick, Kristina said to Sam that as soon as she heard about Dante she was so worried about her. Okay, so, Sam's her sister & the Davis women are tight. But, uh, Dante is her brother. Was she not worried about him? And, to put a dot on the i, she had a scene with her father, Sonny, who is there because Dante is his son. But, instead of a connection, we were left with a disconnect. 

• Members

Kate Mansi was particularly good in her solo scene talking with her brother in his room. (She did call him that while talking to him, and I keep forgetting.) Not the same as Lexi Ainsworth doing it, but still.

• Members

Anything that shows and demonstrates an actual family relationship is a good thing in my books (it’s soaps’ bread and butter at the end of the day). And GH has been doing that in spades in the last week or so - we need more of this!

• Members

I watched entire scenes with Dex, Joss, Michael and Willow. That’s how much I am giving this new material a chance. And I was at least interested enough to not FF. The stuff I had a hard time sitting through were the scenes with Nina, Alexis, and the columnist, and Curtis and his father.

This is the most emotionally invested I have seen Steve Burton in ages as Jason. The scenes with Carly were actually moving. Makes me wish Robin was here too.

This is my first time seeing the aged up Rocco and I like the actor. Smart to have Genie Francis and Laura Wright in those scenes with the teenagers. I hope Lulu is on her way home soon.

• Members

This is the most I think I have ever seen coming from Steve Burton! He had tears in his eyes, nearly spilling out. His voice conveyed deep feeling when he said 3 things: 

Carly?

It's really me.

I'm sorry it took so long. 

And, I know you're gonna kill me, but is Gina Tognoni the right age to be a Lulu recast? 

• Members

That reminds me. I wonder if that story is going somewhere now, too. I thought the 'I was misdiagosed' storyline was over and done.

I was so taken aback at that. I was thinking have we seen him before? Was he in the Halloween episodes last year perhaps when Charlotte got shot?

In any case, I did like him, too. And they did the right thing by playing him with the vets. Especially Genie. 

It could be a hint that she's coming home.

Please register in order to view this content

• Members

Lulu is the modern day Sarah Webber/Sarah Horton/Jennifer Foster, right?

I'd choose Marci Miller as others have said before. She has this old-school-soap look and could be Laura's daughter.

What is Bree Williamson doing these days? Her GH role is long forgotten.