• dragonflies changed the title to DAYS: Arianne Zucker suing Corday productions
  • Replies 187
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

That news really makes me sad for the actress that after such a long tenure, she was still so undervalued.

Story-wise, I also have tons of questions.  Was last month's exit to Europe the last we'll see of Nicole?  Is this why Tate and Holly's story was cut short?  And what does it mean for the baby switch.  It is one of those times as a viewer, if you were not clued into the backstage information, the way it affects on-screen stories would make very little sense. 

• Members

There are two issues at play here:

1. The sexual harassment. That part of her lawsuit is what's most likely going to succeed and what Corday Productions should be concerned about. They are vicariously liable for the actions of AA. There are plenty of witnesses to this alleged conduct and his firing by Sony, and their investigation, will all form part of disclosure.

2. The non-renewal of her contract. That part of her lawsuit is harder to prove because Corday Productions did make her an offer - it just wasn't an offer she wanted. This element reminds me of Nicollette Sheridan's unsuccessful lawsuit against ABC and Marc Cherry when they killed off her character on Desperate Housewives. Retaliation is very hard to prove, especially in circumstances where they did make her an offer. 

• Members

There’s a video online, I think from the SoapNet days, of Alarr directing a love scene between Nadia Bjorlin and Jay Kenneth Johnson from around 2008. Alarr gets on top of Nadia on the bed. It’s a very uncomfortable watch. Sorry I don’t have the clip but it should be on YouTube.

Her contract ended in January 2024. In October 2023, she attempted to begin negotiations to renew her expiring contract. I believe negotiations begin with at least three months remaining on a contract. 

Plus the Days cast wanted Sonja to replace Alarr. I suspect Drucker was, maybe still is, an Alarr lackey. I don’t expect much from her regime.

• Members

Whatever I feel about Nicole's shelf life, Ari has been through so much for this lousy show. I support her even if I do suspect the contract issue will be hard to get a ruling in her favor on - Corday is just a cheapskate.