• Members

She was on the 90210 reboot for five years - for daytime, especially for budget fraught DAYS, that's a name. 

And yeah, it looks like she's almost made up to look like Nicole. I'm buying into this conspiracy theory for now.

• Replies 187
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

DAYS probably just has a few years at best left anyway. I know that's been said for almost 20 years now, but nothing lasts forever. I hope the show doesn't end but if it does this lawsuit is likely going to be more of a scapegoat than a cause. 

Edited by DRW50

• Members

To remind: 

Alarr story broke Tues., Jul 25, 2023. Day One.

Alarr fired Fri, Aug. 4, 2023. Day Ten.

Blind Item

Fan petition started Jul. 26, 2023 on change.org with 1,471 signatures

Cast petition signed by at least 25

SAG-AFTRA involvement 

Alarr's career path:

2005, occasional director

2013 a promotion

2015 promoted to co-EP

also regular director

de facto head writer

My comment: From 2015 till 2023 firing it was on the full EP Ken Corday to be responsible for what was happening with the show & the people at the studio. 

• Members

She has blonde hair and her hair is up in rollers, that doesn't make her Nicole. People run too quick with random spec and then call it 'rumor.' Would it shock me if they were stupid enough to recast Nicole on the heels of this? Nope.

• Members

Good for her bringing all of this to light and standing up for herself. This kind of rampant abuse and toxic behavior is rampant in the industry. I once used to work in production and saw it and experienced it all the time. It's such a competitive business that people will, sadly, put up with a lot of nonsense and downright abuse that simply would not fly in other industries. There appears to now be at least...some...fighting back that this type of work atmosphere should not be considered "normal."

• Members

This is... unsettling, and so sad that essentially her career as Days of Our Lives is done because of two abusive men. Fücking disgusting. Corday Productions should be incredibly worried about the sexual harassment claims, and if others are called to testify... this'll end that soap. And I hope she bleeds everyone for all they are worth. And, if she can prove the offer they may have provided was substantially less, due to her whistleblowing then she has a strong claim there, too.

At this point, I'm going to need Peacock / NBCUniversal to step-in and demand the soap be placed in their control ⏤ something NBC should have done years ago. Buy-out Sony Pictures Television, bring in Universal Television, bring in a team of producers and writers capable of handling a streaming soap in 2024 (if it's even worth saving at this point) and make this set as healthy as possible. The set of Days of Our Lives is toxic as fück and, at this point, I fail to see how the promotion of Janet Drucker is going to help in the long-run.

The fact this is picking up mainstream press (Rolling Stone) is a lot. Also, where the fück is SAG-AFTRA in this?! Do they don't care? Because it seems as if they don't. They didn't during the strike when Alarr's disgusting nature was exposed, and they don't care now. Some union, huh?

• Members

As caroline and I noted in the DAYS thread, I doubt this is the end for Ari. If Corday can go scorched earth on Missy Reeves' private life in the '90s when suing her and still bring her back, this is potentially peanuts lol. I would not be shocked if they settle and she's back soon, but that's not what I want. Like you and others I want real justice for her and the show overall. I just don't think it's likely; I think she'll get a payout and then come back. And she shouldn't.

And yes, SAG needs to be on this (assuming it is under their purview - not sure if it is given the recent strike exemptions). I'm tired of soap performers being third class citizens.

Edited by Vee

• Members

But didn't they sue Melissa Reeves? I'm not entirely in the known of that situation. Just that there was a supposed affair between her and other actor (the Peter Blake actor). But this is Zucker suing Corday Productions AND Ken Corday, who we know is playing golf all-day long and still associating with the abuser. If Corday and Corday Productions were smart they'd settle with her, and then she should pursue other soaps. I just don't see how she could go back onto the set again knowing Corday is there. I know I wouldn't be able to if I were her.

If they're signed to SAG-AFTRA, even through Netcode, then the guild should be involved and protecting these actors they claim to want the best for. Or is it just about money for them? It baffles me. And yup. Soap performers are third-class citizens in the acting world. Bottom of the barrel (so-to-speak).

• Members

Sony is their distributor. Ownership? NO. Involvement? YES. 

And, I would remind whomever that during the fan campaign to get Alarr fired, Fran Drescher got personally involved & set up a meet betw Corday & a Sony rep (cause they did the initial investigation) & 2 people from SAG-AFTRA. One or two days after that meet, Alarr was fired. So to assume they do not care is just plain wrong. Someone please quote me on this so Liberty City will see it. THNX. 

• Members

Days sued her for breach of contract a year after she left because she attempted to join B&B as Kristen Forrester while still bound by the terms of her Days contract. 

I’m referring to the poster who thinks NBCUniversal can buy out Sony when Sony doesn’t actually own any piece of Days.

Does Liberty have you on ignore? 

I can’t imagine suing your former employer and then returning to work there.

Edited by Lye-C