• Members

I’ve never said I wanted Eileen back full time. Her characters work best when they pop in and out. Susan and Sister Mary Moira should appear once or twice a month. Kristen, as a villain, should come in every so often for short arcs. Keeping her in town ruins her effectiveness as a villain.

Also, Eileen was willing to stick around in 2013 with a one-episode-a-week contract but Days didn’t go for it. Personally I think her eight-episode stint as Susan and cameos from her other characters in 2017 was better than the entire year they had her. You know, when they wasted her.

Also, Eileen was going to return for Shoot the Bride in 2018 but Y&R blocked her. It’s not Eileen’s fault that her roles were recast. Days should have used Orpheus instead of recasting. 

I know the initial Laura recast flopped. That’s why they created Marlena. I looooved Jaime Lyn Bauer as Laura.

Corday definitely needs to be held accountable. If he doesn’t want to run Days, why not sell it to Peacock/NBC-Universal? His kids don’t want to run the family business so the show will have no choice but to end when he retires.

Edited by Lye-C

• Replies 187
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

And it'll serve him right when this lawsuit causes Days to go belly-up. I never can understand how someone can spend their days on a golf course and let people ruin their family legacy.

Even though I cannot stand Brad Bell, Brad ain't letting nobody run B&B while he has breath in his lungs. I give him that. 

• Members

Eight hours later and I'm still shocked.

It is such bad PR to have the person who was the object of the former president's sexual impropriety on those awful 2016 Access Hollywood tapes. Seven years later, was the subject of harassment, as reported widely in the mainstream press. To face retaliation on this level.  I just feel awful for her, given that this issue has been an intrusive part of her career for so long. And that she has gotten nothing in return, but humiliation. 

To think that she was so disrespected, not just in terms of basic civil rights that should be afforded to any employee.  But, also afterward to be offered no further negotiation on salary is unfathomable.  In the past, I've never paid much attention to backstage drama, because it always felt like listening to a stranger's workplace gossip.  But, I think anyone who has ever worked for a corporation can relate to how outrageous it is to offer a “take it or leave it” contract to an employee who has been this valuable to the production.  While having to endure so much BS for so long.

Edited by j swift

• Members

Thank you for posting that link. The lawsuit reads very strongly on the harassment claims. What a terrible set. Imagine the list of witnesses that could be called if it proceeds to trial. The whole cast could be subpoenaed and then give testimony under oath. 

• Members

Anyone read AA's lawyer's statement? Yep, they're really going there.

'...[AZ] is now – again – trying to exploit vile stereotypes to denigrate and demean a Black man who was in a position of power. Well, enough is enough...'

I should clarify my statement about Sony settling. I should've said Sony and Peacock will pressure Corday to settle. Whether they are named defendants is irrelevant - every article mentioning this case will mention Sony and Peacock.

• Members

Good Lord. Just... no.

As for Ari - good luck to her, but I assume this means we'll never see her again on DAYS. I agree with the poster that AnnaLynne McCord might be a recast - it makes sense to go for a "name" to try and recast a long-running cast member like Nicole, especially if they suspected that Arianne might end up with a lawsuit against the show (though she'll be de-aged with McCord).