• Replies 13
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

I thought it was altogether "fitting & proper"! I think they wanted her to be the kind of all-out full-time villainess that can't be kept on the canvas for too long. The alternative would have been to have her pay a price & then have her possibly be a full-time person who was sly & devious but not evil. 

• Administrator

Aw damn.  She was favourite out of her age group.  Esme was the most interesting and most fun when she was scheming.  Every show needs a schemer like her, someone who drives the story forward.  I had hope that Patrick Mulchaey would get the opportunity to write for her and Heather because he's very good at writing parent/son/daughter scenes. I think he would've liked the Heather/Esme dynamic, or at least he would've improved that dynamic.  Pohl/Chavez were so good together - they definitely brought out the best in each other.  I guess it's fitting they left together.  She was also really good with Lindstrom and Mills.

• Members

Bye, Esme!

Avery Pohl is very talented but they played the character out for a year wasting her on trifles trying to half-ass a redemption arc. Esme is a fine villain and can come and go, she does not need a contract or to be defanged.

• Members

Avery Pohl and her gorgeous shampoo commercial hair. lol If she's really gone, I expect one of the other shows to snatch her up. I can already see her as a Ciara recast on DOOL, and since RSW is still on the show why not? A mess. Or maybe a new model on B&B? Maybe, she could be Sheila's daughter? 

• Members

Out with the Escarole...  It's about time. If they had had her struggle between reverting to form and "the new Esme" maybe it could have worked (keeping her). Having her switch right to form put the proverbial nail in the coffin (for now).  

The bottom line is #firefrank will bring her back over and over, just like Chloe Lanier's Nelle and that Hannah O'Connor on OLTL. I'm sure this bad penny will return soon enough.

• Members

I think it is funny every time you mention hating the sound of her name, but in hindsight, it was a missed opportunity to explain her unusual moniker as a portmanteau of her biological parents names (Ryther? Hean?)