DAYS: February 2024 Discussion Thread

• Replies 504
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

Gasp. Clutch. Ugh. You mean that's not his best stuff?!!! MEOW. 

I thought today was a good DAYS until the ending, which I am never ever gonna think should've been done. The only thing I can imagine is that it was Fired Guy's Eff You to the fans. 

The scabs did well with conversation, dialogue, relationships, loved Julie's Once Upon A Time from real life ... 

What is bolded here, I'm not the only one to say this but I am not trying to be provocative, no, I am literally of this opinion. When I think of Brian Frons playing God in Santa Barbara & later Paul Rauch putting out a cigar on the floor of the sound stage I think we have clear examples of PTB intentionally showing disrespect either to the fans or possibly to the network. 

Edited by Donna L. Bridges
combine 2 posts

• Members

6.7/10

Exciting episode.

Just to be clear, we're supposed to assume that while the fire and Harris's shooting are connected, they were committed by separate people, correct?  If this turns out to be another latex mask situation with Xander being implicated, I might scream.   It is a good thing that Xander already told Stefan about the call asking him to kill someone.  But, wasn't the call about Konstantin, not Harris?

Also, is it me or did the furniture in the Horton living room look different?  I may have been hyper aware because of the anticipation of what I knew would happen, but the sofa looked different that the one used at Christmas, 

Correction, went back and checked photos, same sofa as in the Christmas episode, it just didn't have the holiday pillows and decor (but I have no idea where Tom's chair has been stored).

Please register in order to view this content

Edited by j swift

• Members

There were some interesting mystery set-ups today, even though they mostly seemed like red herrings. 

Kate was shown with a gun early in the episode.  Someone must have Ava's phone in order to text Harris to go to the docks.  The focus on the shooter's shoes.  And I guess we can rule out the new "lady cop" because all the assassins appeared to be male.

On a side note, after a dozen years of three times a week psychoanalysis, I have to laugh at the remarks that the former producer burnt down a set in order to anger the audience.  No doubt they are trying to be provocative.  But, any analyst would say that the association with trying to punish the viewers is purely projection (a little neo-Freudian humor for the weekend). 

Edited by j swift

• Members

The fire was written by firedguy.  Firedguy stuff was already written weeks in advance so will be airing for a while.

The article in SOD says that (spoiler) Julie will...

Please register in order to view this content

So I think that spoiled part will be produced by Janet and the writing will hopefully be transitioned into whoever is the nonunion writers during the writers strike after firedguy left.

Edited by janea4old

• Members

I have such a hard time getting upset at the Horton house "burning down" because you know it'll be the same set with a new coat of paint, maybe reupholstered furniture if they really feel like making a splash in the budget.