GH: February 2024 Discussion Thread

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

Okay. I hope people are getting that this is not a choice that Costuming made for a wedding dress for BLQ. This was Lila Quartermaine's wedding dress. Perhaps in the 1930s it was very stylish. Obviously today it is, ...hideous. Am I the only person who was pleased to see a flashback with Anna Lee? 

Now, trying again, in the right thread this time. 

https://soaphub.com/general-hospital/news-gh/eva-larue-says-her-gh-character-natalia-is-not-homophobic/ 

BTW, the content in this was on a noon interview yesterday on WLS-Chicago. How fine that there's some unusual, unexpected press coverage! 

Edited by Donna L. Bridges
combine 2 posts

• Members

Even if it was her great great great great grandma... it's still... bad... And we are living in 2024, so I think we can say how we feel about it. I see fashions from the past all the time and think they are hideous. I see fashions from the past that are AMAZING too. So being from the past is not a reason to just say Okay. I have studied Fashion for years... so I know what I like and not like. Even if I was watching the show in the 60s or 70s and saw that--- I would be disgusted. This dress is just bad, in whatever day and age.  

• Members

Watching that scene, it felt like Spinelli and Sonny's relationship had regressed.  It was like the show was ignoring a good part of the progress they have made, all so that they could give a quick history lesson in advance of Jason's return.

Sonny had long since made peace with Spinelli and his oddities.  He sought out his help, independent of their shared connection through Jason.  He even counseled Spinelli at times, also independent of Jason.  And Spinelli was far more at ease around Sonny.  He reached a point where he felt he could approach him without fear.  He no longer called him "Mr. Sir" and I thought he even called him Sonny at times (although I could be wrong about that last part).

I also would like to point out how incorrect it was for Carly to say that Bobbie "knew not to chase revenge.  My mom never gave in to her worse impulses, she rose above them."  That wasn't always true.  Bobbie gave in to her worst impulses on many occasions.    

• Members

I don't dislike Blaze.  I just don't care about her much.  The actress is fine and is likeable.  I just find her a C/D character in what is about to become an A story.

BLQ's dress is just criminal.  I can't even think of anyone that would look good in that.

• Members

You responded to me, giving me an explanation to why it is so bad and adding context.  And I gave my explanation WHY I think it is, since I didn't want people to think that I have missed the context. Since my opinion of the dress has no connection to it. 

P.S - But I understand some people may even like this dress.  And even find it beautiful. It's my own opinion it's disgusting...  but we live in a FREE world.

• Members

Blaze is a decent enough supporting player, but I said this was a mistake when FV and co. first embarked on it, clearly intending for it to be some twice or thrice a month subplot. I think she did a good job in the scenes the other day and that they were written well. I just don't think the character or this couple has much of an existing foundation. Maybe Mulcahey will change that or maybe I'll stay disinterested.

• Members

2-22

Haha!!! Well-played!! I had just mentioned the absence of Ms. Wu in this mob boss killer storyline and look who turns up!!! Though awwwww at her hottie bodyguard being the monk in her organization.

I meant to say it earlier, but I love Valentin and Nina as a scheme team. It's been a minute since a soap has had one outside of Tucker/Audra on Y&R off the top of my head. 

Poor Tracy. Finally asking someone out only for her to be too late. That said...loving the Deception storyline.