GH: February 2024 Discussion Thread

• Members

Again, I'd let Cody roam around giving lonely heroines (like Liz, as you said) a fun time. He doesn't need to have a bigger purpose than that any time soon, if at all. He's just a fun stud.

Willow and Sasha remain barely distinguishable to me and they'd both be gone along with Michael, who'd stay gone for at least a couple years before returning solo.

lmao I was thinking the same. This is the Face of Deception?

Amanda Setton as BLQ should be going gangbusters but between the chaste, staid writing for most young people and the apparent BTS issue with Setton refusing to do intimate scenes it's a wash. I can think of many things to do with her but not if she's going to refuse to play hot material.

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

Perhaps Disney/ABC just changed everything for GH, but the younger people on this show are just so chaste and unsexy.  In the 90's and early 2000's GH characters were just having sex and not focused on getting married and having babies at 25.

And, yes, there is just no way in the world Sasha is equipped to do anything more than catalogue model for Macy's.  Even Blaze was a better idea because at least she has a following and is kind of cool.  I wouldn't even want to throw an axe with Sasha.

• Members

I don't think it's Disney per se because sex was still on the menu long after they took over; I think it's too much self-censorship from the show itself re: its fears over a senior-skewing audience being alienated by various elements or shake-ups in stories or couples. I do think baby stories at every show being so easily greenlit may come from the networks/parent companies reacting to their perception of the audience though. We see this at other shows in some of the same ways over various issues (race, sex, LGBT stuff).

They're getting a well-known leather daddy for HW next month, sooo we'll see how it goes!

Edited by Vee

• Members

Well, Kristina & Allyson finally made love & they're about to get caught so that at least will be totally soapy. In the past Joss & Sexy Dexy had so much sex, almost constantly, that at that time you'd have to say that was certainly soapy. Sprina was more of a slow burn, as was Kraze. The last time they had a sex montage I guess, was Valentine's Day & was Millow & Jex & ... hmm surely there was a 3rd couple. Ned & Olivia never do. Sam & Dante rarely do. Sasha & Cody are in the Friend Zone. We used to be able to count on Vanna. Oh, I think the third couple was Sonny & Nina. Maybe. If so it was their last time. 

Speaking of Sonny, it sure looks like they're chem testing with Ava!!

• Members

I really enjoyed Friday’s episode.

Its nice seeing Sam be a mother after all the years she spent wanting a child. Her getting advice from Elizabeth was interesting as well I liked how the dynamics were played and the way they have set Danny up as the teen son of Sam and Jason fits pretty well with how I’d expect their kid to be. 

I can’t tell if Ava is potentially playing Sonny and maybe the one behind this “Stone” attacker or if she’s really trying to be there for him but either way I liked their scenes together. Him being so isolated from his family and allies is an interesting spot for him as a character I’m curious to see where they take this.

I liked the beats they played with Molly, TJ and Kristina being their surrogate. I really like Kristina with Blaze

Please register in order to view this content

I didn’t even mind Michael Easton character #5000 and his family scenes with Tracy. Her covering for the dads health issues and being touched spending time with them was nice. 

The prison stuff was a joke I do not like this Heather or Laura’s priest brother and whatever set up he has going with the PCPD. I am intrigued to see if YTJagger is on the up and up though

• Members

Oh, yes! Loved the scenes with Sam & Liz also Sam with Danny. Great family stuff. 

My main interest is if they are testing Sonny & Ava as a couple. 

But Isolationist Sonny is pretty interesting, especially since he is doing exactly what both Michael & Dante said they were afraid he's about to do & don't want it for him!! Talk about the sons knowing the father. 

Very well done first love scene! I Also want to find out what the song was. Shout out to the Director Denise Van Cleave! Also kudos to the actresses, Jacqueline Grace Lopez & Kate Mansi! 

Well, Tracy, see, she's a scene saver! So, even though I want Finn & Gregory & Violet gone gone gone gone, despite myself, I enjoyed the scene because of Tracy. However, I call UNFAIR. Because I don't want to like them. 

YTJagger? What does YT stand for? 

I love Anna being the Commish. I was so tired of seeing Sad Anna. And, I love this Heather, too. What I wonder is what the deal is with "Stone" being dead? 

And, also, personally,I believe this was one of the scripts that we heard about that the new writers "tweaked". I just don't see this as being totally D&C. 

Edited by Donna L. Bridges
more info

• Members

Just watched the Friday episode, and I can see what people here have meant about the scripts sounding different…

There is definitely a lot more grounded humanity coming through in some of these scenes - whether it’s Sonny/Ava, Molly/TJ, Kristina/Blaze, Sam/Danny, Sam/Liz. This is the kind of soap I got drawn to as a teenager, and I’m encouraged to see signs of it coming back!

• Members

Yup. Elizabeth Korte's work is coming through, and I am sure some of Patrick Mulcahey is sprinkled in. Still a mess (due to the exiting regime), but it's slowly shaping up.

I feel like Rebecca Herbst & Josh Kelly would have insane chemistry together; Kelly could have been the Drew recast, or a Lucky recast.

• Members

It's long been my position that Cody should at least be a fun transitional thing for Elizabeth - a hot younger man who makes a harried mother of three feel desirable again and gives her a heady secret fling. There's no way some of the audience can't respond to that, and it doesn't have to be a huge A-storyline or the long-term future for Liz.

Whether a more solid role manifests for Cody in future who knows, but it's not really important atm. I don't have an issue with his being Mac's kid, though the Dominique aspect is nonsensical and makes zero sense timeline-wise; AFAIK Dominique had no prior relationship with Mac pre-GH, and no time interval in which she could've bore his child after.

• Members

Oh, Cody should absolutely be a fun, transitional situationship for Elizabeth. At this point, anything to get her away from Finn is a thumbs up for me, and I say that as someone who's never been the biggest Elizabeth fan.

And yeah, the intersecting of Dominique & Mac makes no sense to me; if anything, it should have been Jenny Eckert somehow that Cody is the string connection of with Mac. But I feel like Chris & Dan wanted Mac vs. Scotty, and yet we've barely gotten that.

• Members

Finn/Elizabeth is such a dreary pairing.  I don't know why I just find their relationship depressing for some reason lol.

The Cody/Mac connection never made sense to me either.  I am not sure what the timeline is even supposed to look like.  Obviously, we have to take JJY's health into consideration, but this story has been dragging forever.

• Members

I agree and right now, I am okay with suspending it, again, due to John J. York's present health. However, once he returns, it is a storyline I am hoping that Patrick Mulcahey is able to either wrap up or remedy, because it needs to happen. Long, drawn-out secret paternity children work for younger ages... but grown adults? Don't drag that shït out, please.

• Members

Well, they've been trying to force this onto fans for 2 freaking years. That's enough reason right there & then, I mean, GMAB, but "Maple Syrup Lovin'" was appalling! And, in fact, you can't just tap the tree & guzzle down the sap. It doesn't even work like that. And, at a recent fan event ME supposedly refused to discuss the couple except to say that he & Becky agree with the fans & changed the subject then. 

I know why FIZ Fazzling depresses me & it's because D&C have been so arrogant as to think they can make us feel what they want us to.