Y&R: Former Actress Returning for Appearance

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

If Jill is spearheading this effort to get the company’s name changed, why Abbott, which Jill hasn’t been in such a long time? Is she doing it to solidify Billy’s tie to the company, as Billy has always been an Abbott?

Someone who watches the show these days will have to explain the reasoning behind this to me when they get the chance.

If someone were to ask the actors behind these companies on Y&R to describe in one sentence, what their companies do, I wonder how many of them could actually do this without faltering?

Last time I watched, even Jabot seemed to be involved in everything except making cosmetics.

• Members

Killing off Hilary was such a boneheaded decision. She was the most electrifying characters the show had had in eons. I agree that Amanda never had a chance to really develop into anything. Does anyone remember Karen Spencer on B&B? Same story, same result. They had no idea what to do with Amanda and tried to make her "Hilary-lite" which just went nowhere. It would have been better for Hilary to come back from the dead in some sort of crazy, illogical plot twist. 

• Members

Welp. I mean…they could just name it CWA and call it a day then. I don’t really see the big deal either, it’s not like it’s a law firm where a person has to undergo a process to become partner, more like an accounting firm like Price Waterhouse Cooper becoming PWC- one press release and it’s done, no biggie.

Josh is literally taking office kitchenette minutiae and trying to create storylines from it. It’s not even interesting enough to be nicknamed Watercooler Talk, lol.

• Members

And podcast became the most used word in every script. Weren't they the basis for CW success? And then they seemed to disappear. Doesn't seem good business practice to be chopping and changing your focus.

Was there anything less interesting than seeing Billy ramble on about the meaning of (his) life?

• Members

I love Mishael dearly but she is too good for this show now. Sorry, y'all. As many have pointed out, they stupidly should've never killed Hillary. Even then, they should've given her the writing necessary when she played Amanda. 

C'mon, Shonda! C'mon Dick Wolf! Someone! I am shocked she has not been snagged on a primetime drama/procedural at this point. She has what it takes. 

• Members

I agree. Maybe she really wants to do more independent films and this is her way to help finance these projects. I doubt the work challenges her but the security of the money and what she can use it for is probably the lure. 
As for Hollywood, it is a very provincial town, even smaller for actresses of color.It seems as though we tend to see the same group of actresses, sorted according to age group and it’s a rotating assortment. I tell you what though…MM needs to get whoever represents Zendaya to be her agent too, Zendaya is always engaged in some project, whether it’s a success or flop, she’s soon onto another high profile job!

Yeah, ACW sounds like a bootleg root beer brand but if JG is really trying to build an entire storyline around a company name— uh, that’s not going to have the effect he thinks it will. 

FWIW, most of the talent are too good for present day Y&R but I understand what you mean @NothinButAttitude due to MM young age and the possibilities that used to be open to Daytime Emmy winners, unfortunately daytime soaps don’t have the same caché they had at their heights.