Y&R: Former Actress Returning for Appearance

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

I am not saying that she would be totally reliant on Y&R money to finance her independent film efforts, of course not. With independent film, the margins are often lean and every dollar truly counts. Likely the other work she is already committed to is doing the heavy lifting. But she’s not there, memorizing dozens or more of pages of dialogue just for kicks. I am sure she likes seeing her colleagues but she can get together with them for lunch when she’s in town, and we already discussed that the work itself at Y&R is not exactly scintillating, so there must be something to it.

• Members

INTERVIEW with Mishael
https://www.soapoperadigest.com/content/exclusive-mishael-morgan-amanda-on-her-young-and-restless-comeback/

Holy sh!t, she says they asked her back as a very-last-minute replacement for someone.  They contacted her on a Thursday, she said yes on Friday, and was on the plane on Monday.  She confirms she lives in Toronto and went to L.A. to film this arc.

I wonder who was originally written to be Jill's attorney?

Christian Le Blanc is airing the same week as the Newman family attorney (regarding Claire/Jordan/etc) so I doubt that Amanda would be replacing Michael.

I thought Vail Bloom's Heather already worked for Devon and Lily? Or does she?  So I don't think Heather would have been Jill's attorney?  (It's hard to keep track of who works for/with whom on this show).

• Members

I doubt it; it sounds like it was a quick pop-in and done. Morgan assumed the last-minute airfare by agreeing to the appearance. Harsh to say but it's just how it is, unfortunately. If she were that worried I assume she would have declined the appearance. 

Please register in order to view this content

Such is life as a recurring player.

It's likely why Jess Walton does a lot of Zoom appearances: she isn't paying for the airfare of a small guest spot.

• Members

She says in the SOD interview that it was super cold in Toronto and that she'd told her husband she wanted to go somewhere warm on vacation for a week or two, and then the call came to do Y&R, so she did that instead.  She didn't like leaving her children in Toronto but there was no time to arrange for them to be in L.A. so she went alone.  She said that by the time she returned home, the weather in Toronto had warmed a little bit, so it was as if she'd brought the warmth home.  From all of that ... I *speculate* that she was in L.A. for at least a week, but I don't know how many episodes she taped. So yeah a brief arc, but more than a single episode.

Edited by janea4old