GH: 60 Years of Stars & Storytelling

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Webmaster

GH would have to be the number one show on ABC for that to happen. Not saying primetime actors aren't fans of the soap, but that ABC would have to get them to film a promo would only happen if the show was ABC's top program.

When/if Grey's Anatomy were to end in a year or two, or whenever, I'm sure it'll get that treatment. Same for GH if/when it gets canceled, but just not for an anniversary right now.

• Members

The highlight for me was the return of the wedding dresses! I loved they picked the particularly gaudy and memorable ones for Felicia and Lucy! I wish they were able to put Anna in her Blossom hat purple one from her last wedding to Scorpio. Then it would have been the trifecta of 80’s glamour at its finest. 

Ned, Tracy, Olivia, and Lois were also a perfect group. I am loving this current iteration of Quartermaines. With Lois back in the mix, it’s feeling more like the classic days of the Q’s! I wish Dillon was back too, solidying Tracy as the focal point of the modern Q family. 

It was a missed opportunity not having Becky join Amber onstage for an Emily and Elizabeth reunion. I would kill to see those two stars together again. They worked together for so many years, and for so many episodes. Throw in Jonathan Jackson, and it could have been a chance to tribute Tyler too. 

• Members

Their Costume Designer Shawn Reeves conceived of the bridal gown segment. 3 of them are their oldest stored items. Also he got them to put Bob Miller's name on it. He was this amazing Costume Designer who did those weddings & who died last year. Lucy's red hat is gone. They loaned the entire red dress & hat to Disney for an event & when it was returned the hat was no longer included! You KNOW some fan now has it hidden at their house! Shawn did Portia's wedding last year. The other dresses are Bob Miller dresses. 

Please register in order to view this content

• Members

On Night Shift season 2 Anna wore her original lace wedding dress with Robert from the flashbacks around the time Robin came on, establishing their history. So they do have older garments in their storage, or at least used to. No idea if Bob Miller was there then.

I know they thought they had Laura’s dress and discovered it was missing during the dreadful Rick Webber murder storyline.

• Members

I love this context! What a way to celebrate the talented costume team.

And can we give kudos to Lynn, Kristina, and Becky for fitting in decades old dresses! I can’t fit into a suit I bought last month. These ladies are still in their prime.

I loved that scene! (…and that overall miniseries)

Anna’s original Scorpio dress is all too classy for this affair. I wanted CAMP!

The story I read was that the dress went missing much earlier than that storyline. The show was set to donate the costume to the Smithsonian when they noticed it was missing. What a bummer, because it is such a salient piece of pop culture history, which is the focus of the Museum of American History. 

The photos never captures its peach colour clearly. I would have loved to have seen it IRL. 

• Members
Posted (edited)

Lynn Herring interview about the wedding dress segment.
She and Kristina Wagner both fit into their dresses and were shocked that they did.
She said they couldn't find Anna's purple wedding dress.
https://www.soapoperadigest.com/content/ghs-lynn-herring-on-wearing-lucys-iconic-red-dress-over-30-years-later/

(FYI the show made a point of putting a photo of Anna in that wedding dress -- on Bobbie's desk in the episode that aired Jan 5th)

From SOD: Reconnecting with the dress soon took on an even deeper meaning for the actress. “The very next day, we found out that Bob Miller, who designed both dresses, had passed,” Herring shares. “It was during the time we were being fit for our dresses. So the magic continues, that we got to honor Bob by showing his artistry and his creative genius. So now the next day, we’re hugging and crying in the hall again. But tell me there’s not some force out there that is recognizing and honoring all these people that we love and that we think are brilliant! It was unbelievable. The day we wore them for the special, which we shot on a Friday, it felt like we were standing in Bob’s love, in his love for the art of designing and how much he loved dressing us and how much we appreciated him. And on top of that, we were flooded with all the memories of the life we’ve lived since then. What a ride since we’ve worn those dresses! It just felt like such a gift.”

--

Oh.  so that's why Portia's wedding dress segment was cut.  She was wearing it in the promotional photos and also in videos made to promote the primetime special.  They must have decided to include only the Bob Miller dresses because as Lynn said, Bob died while they were filming or getting ready to film it.

Edited by janea4old

• Members

The dance mini-segment was meant to be Finola but that morning she tested positive for Covid. So Kelly said she'd do it. They did an "emergency fitting" & Kelly wore that fabulous red dress that previously Finola was going to wear! It is true that these ladies are no slouch in keeping themselves fit but, Kelly & Becky are their two teeny tiny women (Think size double ought!) and Finola is, well, a very normal beautiful body. So, a great dress but they did wonders making it fit Monaco!!!

• Members

I just love Lynn Herring! Her words are so wonderful & I can just hear her saying this! 

Back when they did their Elvis/Graceland weekend she got stuck in an airport for a few hours & took a pic & posted it on UglyX (formerly Twitter). Well, selfies are often odd perspective but in this one she looked like she was all legs! 

YES! You put that together quickly. And, he did die in December. 

Please register in order to view this content