GH: 60 Years of Stars & Storytelling

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members
Posted (edited)

I feel like ever since Aretha Franklin introduced the clips on the 1997 Daytime Emmys against the backdrop of pop music, every soap montage has looked exactly the same.

There's got to be a more unique way to pay tribute to the soaps than replaying the most predictable clips as a montage, or having actors talk about it as a training ground, or having other celebrities call it their guilty pleasure.

Why not recap the most popular plots from each decade?  Or demonstrate how they've adapted to contemporary events.  Or go through the history of the pivotal family trees. So, rather than replaying the slaps, kisses, and bloopers, modernize things and use the history as an advantage.

Edited by j swift

• Members

My issue as always is the whole we have the best fans who never stopped watching ever or will be with us no matter what we do. That is not true and sorry many of Cam’s fans probably liked him before he ever was on GH…so having him in that segment was odd.

• Members
Posted (edited)

I wish the specials would do research and find impactful ---not just the predictable--- clips from characters or decades of the show. Even have some of the actors sit around and do  analysis of their characters.

Every GH special is Luke & Laura, social impact like AIDS and Heart Transplants, celebrities and the mob. Dig a little deeper.

This is me being nitpicky, but it seems like they dodn't even try with the graphics. Look at the fonts that they used..

Please register in order to view this content

Edited by Planet Soap

• Members

Congratulations to Frank Valentini for a good primetime special & a shoutout to Shawn Reeves for everyone looking so good. I think my favorite outfit was Rena Sofer's. I don't know what time Hulu loaded the show but when I got up at 5 it was on. It's funny but it seems like its Sweeps. I guess that's because there's so much going on. With the wonderful build-up to Jackie Zeman's memorial & the SEC story finally coming to a head & then the primetime special. Since we already had all those fabulous clothes & a special big show back in April when the anniversary actually was it's like double your pleasure having it again.

• Members
Posted (edited)

This was a sweet little anniversary special! BUT oh damn.. It was so corny here and there that I was cringing so hard. But overall it was lovely 

I definitely LOVED the Quartermaine’s bit! To see original Emily/Amber was such a WOW moment. Even though I loved Natalia a bit more coz of the Nik-Emily pairing I do admire the OG!

Kristina Wagner wearing that damn dress from 1986 must be really emotional for her and it must’ve brought back a lot of old memories of her and Frisco aka Mister Wagner lol It reminded me again why I still love her and would love a reunion of the Wagners on screen..

Rebecca Herbst reminding us that she is the granddaughter of the Men who started it all made me laugh coz Frank and his team mistreated her character so poorly over the years that this part was embarrassing 

STEVE!!!! Oh my god ! I was so hyped with the door part lol 

Edited by AMCOLTLLover

• Members

I really enjoyed seeing those two scenes with Stuart Damon and Amber Tamblyn. The bloopers were fun too.

Overall it was cheesy, which is fine for these sorts of shows. Much like the regular show it lacked emotion for me. We didn’t see anything truly dramatic represented, just light frothy walk and talks.

No sign of Finn though!

• Members

Were there any mentions or clips of the legendary stars and characters of yore, like John Beradino as Steve Hardy, Emily McLaughlin as Jessie Brewer, Rachel Ames as Audrey Hardy, Denise Alexander as Lesley Webber, etc.?

Scotty Baldwin is the longest-running character still on GH; did Kin Shriner make an appearance?

TIA.

• Members

Thanks.

It sounds like the "special" focused on the recent years of the show; the Frank Valenti period. If I had sat through it and seen no Jessie or Audrey, no Lesley or Lee Baldwin, I would have been bitterly disappointed.

• Members

There wasn't much mention of Audry, but they showed quite a bit of Steve. I was like "HELL YEAH" when Becky said her character is the grand daughter of Steve 

I'm shocked they didn't show BJ's heart ,no mention of Tony Jones or Kevin and Lucy. They left out A LOT

No mention of Lucy and her work with AIDS or Robin etc

• Members

TV Ratings 1/4/24: The Golden Wedding Solid but Below  Season Average, General Hospital Special Flops

Time

Show

18-49 Rating

18-49 Share

Viewers (mil)

Network

8 PM The Golden Wedding 0.55 6 4.97 ABC
  Hell's Kitchen 0.34 4 2.35 Fox
  Law & Order (R) 0.33 4 2.57 NBC
  Young Sheldon (R) 0.24 3 3.47 CBS
  Son of a Critch (R) 0.04 0 0.36 The CW
8:30 PM Ghosts (R) 0.20 2 2.46 CBS