Y&R: January 2024 Discussion Thread

• Replies 247
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

There has been a lot of whiplash trying to watch lately with a few of these storylines, and I’ve gotten confused myself over a few things especially of the back and forth between Kyle, Tucker, Audra, Billy etc.

Speaking of Billy I also felt like I missed something with him now working at Chancellor-Winters. I mean I know Jill asked him to come but I didn’t realize he’s already there and now suddenly beefing with Devon. Did I miss something again?

Sharon’s launch party was decent, and I see CG is already back from maternity leave or filmed this before leaving…?

Sally back with Adam…it gives me heartburn to think about all that character went through only for it to come back full circle…what the hell was the point Josh Griffith?

Phyllis/Summer and Phyllis/Christine scenes make me smile as both one upped Phyllis today.

Look at Chelsea making her monthly appearance to remind us she’s still exists and hasn’t gone the way of Elena yet

Please register in order to view this content

• Members

Wow!! I was a bit surprised/confused when she appeared in today’s episode. 

I also forgot Mariah worked at Jabot as we hadn’t seen here there in forever…..Diane seemed a bit sad Mariah left. I hate that kind of stuff because we’ve never really seen Diane and Mariah interact much before. A shame because I had wanted Diane to make friends with other outsiders back in 2022 with characters like Mariah, Imani etc.

• Members

She doesn’t which is unfortunate. Back during AD’s 96-01 run as Diane she at least made friends with Michael (to Sandra Nelson’s Phyllis jealousy!), her assistant Marissa Barton (played by MAB’s sister) and  Brad, while it was during Susan’s first run she reconnected with Michael and Marissa and also made friends with Isabella.

At the time when Imani was still on the show I figured her and Diane becoming friends would be an excellent counter balance to Phyllis and Amanda lol. And I always liked SW and AL scenes I would have enjoyed Diane becoming like a second mother to AL’s Summer just to make MS Phyllis head explode lol.

Josh Griffith has an aversion to drama LMAO. Any other soap writer would have capitalized on AL’s Summer and ZS’s Audra having a nasty feud yet for some reason JG didn’t even touch it. 

• Members

I'm behind as I have been in a power outage for days on the Oregon coast due to this latest storm. That's why I'm "Beachstorm". lol

Started watching yesterday's show and I can't even believe what Sharon is wearing. WTF? She looks like she's from Caesar's Palace or at a toga party. Good grief. And the boob spillage was not at all attractive. 

Then my electricity went out again a couple of hours ago so I am now on generator power for the time being. Oy.

• Members

Phyllis is so psychotic and pathetic LOL.

Lauren: “I know how important a sponsor is to someone in recovery. Fen is very close to his. In fact he and Trey spent Christmas with him.”

Translation: Trey got the below shocking view of Fen and his sponsor on Christmas morning when Trey opened up the guest bedroom’s door @Soapsuds 

• Members

Haha

I thought the same when Lauren mentioned Fen was very close to his sponsor and spent Christmas together. I was ok that's why we didn't see Fen at the wedding.

I'm shocked they mentioned Fen and Trey too.

I loved seeing Colleen on Friday's show too.

• Members

Yes we have Christine vs Phyliss again. 

But Phyliss is acting ridiculous and Danny is acting stupid. Danny falling for this Phyliss business is beyond dumb.

I hope that's not the last we've seen of Colleen.

I also enjoyed the Lauren and Nikki scenes this week.