• Members

Per report:
A DAYS rep confirms to Digest that Peter Porte has wrapped his run as Dimitri Von Leuschner, a role he originated on DAYS OF OUR LIVES: BEYOND SALEM in 2021 and reprised on DAYS beginning in May of this year. (In the storyline, as viewers learned on the December 12th episode, Dimitri was shuttled off to a supermax prison.) When he first returned, he told Digest that he never expected a second chapter to his Salem life. When asked back, “I thought they were throwing me in for another episode and then they offered the contract and I was shocked. I was shocked, and so excited.” He added, “I always wanted to come back because I think [doing DAYS] is the closest to live theater that we have on this coast, and that’s where I got my start. I also am very fortunate to be working with a writing team that is very talented and cares about these characters. And the people that I’ve been paired with on this show are everything. The cast that I’ve had the privilege of working with has perhaps been my favorite experience so far.”

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

Disappointing because I like Peter Porte. I wanted Dimitri to turn out to be John and Marlena’s 1986 baby who Stefano gave to Megan to raise. 

That being said, if his run wrapped six months ago, why was he at Day of Days in November? 

Leo at least has a personality. Sonny and Will in particular are bland, boring, and dry. Same is true for Andrew so far but I love him with sweet Paul.

• Members

I hate this but it’s for the best.

Peter Porte was completely wasted. Wasted even worse than Zach Tinker, which I didn’t think was possible. All because Ron Carlivati is too hard for Leo and too small minded to have a gay actor play anything but a gay character.

SMH

I wouldn’t even be surprised if he was angry when Peter Porte was first cast in Beyond Salem. 

This storyline and this pairing were total garbage. How do you get this talented, charismatic, and absolutely gorgeous actor, who can be a villain, can do comedy and can have good romantic chemistry with both men and women and then approve such an awful, mean spirited and nonsensical storyline for him? And pair him with the worst character on the show?

They didn’t just drop the ball with this storyline and character. They dropped it, ran it over with a friggin 18-wheeler and then set what was left on fire. 

I’m sure we’ll see him again. I just hope that Leo is dead or gone when we do. There’s still an obvious storyline there with Megan. And also with the ISA connection #Dandrew

In the meantime, I’m sure Peter Porte will land roles that are actually good enough for him. I may not miss his character all that much but I’ll definitely miss him

Please register in order to view this content

EDIT: My apologies, for the rant lol

Edited by AbcNbc247

• Members

Today is just a good day for typos! 

Meanwhile a Canadian attorney who hasn't been watching but watched today because she knew Steve was going to have a scene with Jada about Marcus has pulled out what the flashback the show needed, could have been! If she could find it, why couldn't the show? 

https://twitter.com/i/status/1734606866989326469

An intentional non sequitur?

Look at the movie CAROL & tell me those straight women do not show their characters being in love?