ALL: Always surprised by the casual violence of men toward women in older episodes

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

Look at the initial years of the character dynamics I listed.

During the 70s, and before, many men didn't want their wives to have careers. Many made them leave their careers. Yeah, it wouldn't have been unheard of for a man to want his wife to stop practicing medicine.

It's in fact true that men, especially then, felt threatened by career women.

@j swiftAs far as me being in incel -- I idolize Lady Lovelace, Lillian Gilberth, Lillian Gish, Dee Dee Allen, Pauline Kael, June Havoc (along with many other women. I don't like idiots, man or woman. I don't like either men or women who feel either sex is better than one or worse than one. I hate men who feel masculinity, and being a man, is superior. And I hate women who subscribe to that ideal as well. Further, I hate the ideal that women are somehow better.

@Paul Raven and @j swift Don't you dare think I hold archaic views with women and careers. If I have them I wouldn't have studied soap opera for 16 years.

• Errol changed the title to ALL: Always surprised by the casual violence of men toward women in older episodes