B&B November 2023 Discussion Thread

• Replies 193
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

They almost played this exact same story, with Zende frustrated about not getting respect as a designer at FC, with Rome Flynn in the role. I thought they might have Zende defect to Spectra, but like so many promising B&B stories, it was dropped.

Edited by Faulkner

• Members

Follow through with the writing has been a problem on this show for many many years. It just keeps reverting back to what was happening before. For example, Brooke and Taylor's friendship presented an opportunity to take the show in a new direction, but...it all got dumped in the span of one episode so they could fight over Ridge for the millionth time. It often feels like they're scared to do anything new.

• Members

Totally. I’m all for dropping things that don’t work, but this show feels so chaotic with the fits and starts that ultimately revert back to the “norm.”

Again, I wish we had a more empowered soap press who did more than transcribe publicity soundbites from TPTB. Like more insights on process, how they respond to fan reactions, etc. The types of interviews we often get from primetime showrunners.

• Members

Zende's anger toward RJ was totally random, no build-up, nothing.  Maybe the plan is to make them rivals.  Not just in business, but personal...It seemed Zende was giving Luna the once-over a couple times during the fashion show.  I could be wrong.

And what's with Bill and Poppy??

• Members

So Luna is a Spencer. 

Zende STFU!!!!!

The stapler made an appearance.

The stapler will be in the closing credits.

Please register in order to view this content

In just two episodes there is a rivalry between Zende and RJ.

Zende being the antagonist between Luna and RJ.

• Members

I have to admit that as much as RJ is a snack, I'd be all over Team Zende if I was Luna. That man is so beautiful he's pretty.

I think this story could be interesting IF they actually flesh it out, but some build up would have been nice. Zende went from not being seen for months to suddenly hating RJ. But, I think Zende has a point. I mean..just look at how much screen time he gets versus the white Forresters! Also, literally EVERYBODY in the family has been told Eric is dying except Zende. All of sudden, NOW Ridge wants to respect his wishes??

If it turns out that Luna is Bill's, it seems like another lost opportunity that the writers didn't fully explore. This whole time they should have been building Bill/Li, so when this was revealed, Li would really have a reason to hate her sister if Bill was the first man she moved on with after her divorce. I mean...this writes itself! What are the writers doing? So, so many story beats are overlooked that would make the plot as whole better.

And...IF Luna is Bill's, this would be the third child he didn't know he had?! Did Dollar Bill EVER use protection? It's not that hard!