B&B November 2023 Discussion Thread

• Replies 193
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

I don't care about the character but I care about an actor that gave decades of work to us. That's why I find it disgraceful the way they are writing him off. This is a legacy character that needed to be written off with dignity.

• Members

I haven't seen much to be honest - in weeks.  This month.  But I feel like I've seen a couple of very touching moments with Eric/John M. - and then a few days later, we regress,  repeat dialogue, and get to the exact same moment again.  And again. 

I don't think this is a way to send out a long term actor and character.  But then again, I also don't agree with making Scott Clifton become 'cray' as Liam.  He's delivered and made some sow's ear dialogue and material look like cotton.  I won't say turned sow's ear into silk because NOTHING on this show is silk.  But I'm just not into the redemption of Thomas and Hope, and the few minutes I saw of Li one day made her absolutely despisable to me.  I didn't think I'd want Sheila to kill off any additional characters, and she will be the last standing on any show she infects - but Li can go.

For me it's the difference in B&B and other shows that I truly loved over the years.  There are just no loveable characters on this show and it sticks out like a sore thumb.  We don't really care that Eric is dying because honestly - he was never a developed character - 30 or 40 years and - never truly developed.  He really never loved any of the women he was with, just like all the men on this show.  It's like "On to the NEXT!" with all of the characters on this show and who they sleep with and "marry".   Then it's divorce, marriage to someone else and pregnant the very next week.  It makes people not care.

That's what you're seeing with Eric.  There's no explanation to his "disease", and B&B is masterful at just saying people are dying and it's just so offhanded and emotionless.  Who cares?  

• Members

Interesting take on Eric's development over the decades, and I think it's spot-on about why we don't care. And yes, the repetition is pathetic.

I disagree completely about turning Liam dark and even crazy. We've seen repetition with Liam to the point where we're crazy about that, so it's time to shake it up. Why not turn the tables and have a redemption arc for Thomas and Hope? At least it's different. When this has run its course, they can write a redemption arc for Liam. Isn't that part of what soaps are and do?

I'm not wild about what has been done to Li, but Sheila killing her? Uh...SHEILA is the one who should be killed off if we're talking about characters written into a ridiculous and boring rut.

• Members

Well God yes I'd want Sheila gone first but they're never going to do it.  But I caught about 5 weird minutes of Li with Poppy or - it's her sister.  But anyone she's around, Li is irritated by or she fights or she's -- despisable.  I don't even know why she's suddenly crazy not-so-rich asian woman on the edge.  

Bad Santa!  

• Members

These Eric monolgues today about his design and creation were cringeworthy, especially backed with the melodramatic music and Katie's tears. UGH to the whole thing.

He won't go to the hospital. If he can design in the office or in his living room, why the hell can't he design in a hospital room? And that purple gown he put Donna in? LOL What was special about that?

I think it is time to die.

• Toups unpinned this topic
  • Errol unfeatured this topic