Days of Our Lives: October 2023 Discussion Thread

• Replies 365
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

I assume that there was no blood transfer because the patient attacked Tripp with a scalpel. But, my first reaction was that I wondered why they didn't use an HIV protocol, given that the patient abused drugs.  It seems de regard for a soap to have an HIV scare in order to create conflict around intimacy in a relationship.  I get why nobody at University Hospital wears a mask (because they're on TV), but exposure to a virus seemed like a big oversight for drama.

Also, if Tripp was called to the ER because someone ODed, wouldn't they be unconscious?  That guy seems suspiciously aware to have been brought to the ER because he just overdosed.  He was a very bad faker.  So, did Clyde hire the guy to walk into the ER and say that he has ODed, or did he take the bed of a patient who had ODed? 

At least on GH, they tell us how a guy in jail can control people on the outside.  I fail to see how Clyde is able to maintain an organized crime syndicate, given that he's been in and out of jail since shooting EJ seven years ago.  And, when he was on parole and killed Abigail, there was no mention of his drug business at that time.

Finally, if Harris needs a job to take Ava out to dinner, how did afford inpatient psychiatric care for three months?

Edited by j swift

• Members

See ya, Talia.

I have mixed feelings about this. I’m kinda glad she’s gone but I also feel like the character and actor got a raw deal. They really didn’t know what to do with her once the Sloan’s brother stuff ended. One of the many reasons why long term plotting is always the way to go on soaps. 

I also wonder if the former producer had anything to do with this. 

As for Clyde, there’s no reason why he’s even still alive. EJ just hired someone to kill Ava, he can’t do the same thing right now? Please. Same goes for Ava. There’s no one in Philly that she can call? 

I did like Chad and EJ’s scenes though. The two of them really do work well together and I do find them believable as brothers. 

And as for Harris, I wish it was that easy to get a job lol clearly civil service exams aren’t a thing in Salem

Please register in order to view this content

• Members

I don't think the show is being written worse all of a sudden or anything.  I don't see a noticeable dip in quality.  It's been bad for years.  I think it's the fact that a lot of popular characters are leaving makes it seems worse than it is.  Most of the characters being focused on are either in boring stories or just unpopular in general.  

Despite Talia having eyebrow acting that only Drake Hogestyn admires, I thought the actress was charismatic and had some potential.  It's a shame they let her go so quick.

• Members

Clyde prediction

Please register in order to view this content

Also, I agree that the quality is variable, but the show is very watchable, and the stories continue to intrigue me.  Besides, I don't get the purpose of posting that you're not watching the show within this thread.  It's not (1)entertaining, (2)informative, or (3)engaging.  And in my mind, if a post doesn't meet those three criteria, it is just a cry for attention.  Furthermore, ending a sentence with an exclamation mark doesn't make it true.

Edited by j swift

• Members

Admires? Hell, he's jealous! She had some eyebrow action unmatched by anyone else. It just wasn't controlled acting like Drake's and Kristian's. lol 

Agreed though on the lost potential. Had they not wasted her in the stupid tainted biscuit storyline right off the bat, there could've been something to build on the Hunter sisters, if the writers fleshed them out (which is a tall order for these writers). 

• Members

I am not going to lie-her eyebrow acting is unmatched.  But the actress was very charismatic and charming, and I don't know why they wrote her out.  There are so many possibilities for an LQBTQ POC hot mess that's an actual DR.  But go wild, Days, Leo is better..................

• Members

I'm glad Talia is gone. Others have mentioned how charismatic she is, but I cannot get past the obvious: she in no way seems anything like someone who's a doctor -- one who graduated at the top of her class at Stanford. That is just ludicrous. If DAYS wanted this actress, they needed to rewrite the bible on Talia.

Clyde's should have expired long, long ago. I don't even know what to say about him any longer, or about him calling Ava "Mama" over and over.

Salem's police dept. hiring practices are evidence of why the entire PD there is such a disaster. And not to be mean, but man, does Steve Burton look rough. He looks like a robot who hasn't eaten for too long.