GENERAL HOSPITAL September 2023 Discussion Thread

• Replies 187
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

Wish we could just get the stock image the show uses for their media.

Haha. A lot of us would. *coughs in Shania Twain* Let's go, girls!

I hope they develop Blaze & Kristina; it wasn't the pairing I was hoping for, and Jacqueline Grace Lopez could have been a decent Valerie recast, so let's go with this!!

nününüMolly is definitely an improvement; I am hoping she works out until either Haley Pullos comes back, or they just keep her on permanently.

• Members

I don't want to jinx her but I have a strong desire to call her Final-Molly. 

So, MollyGate, HP wreck Apr 29, 2023. Today is Sept 27, 2023. 5 months has gone by. 4 Mollys have been recast. That is a new Molly every month. It really is a calendar!! I know what month I want: the Molly Month of May! I still think proceeds from the calendar sales should go to Soap Fans Against Drunk Driving! 

Edited by Donna L. Bridges
combine 2 posts

• Members

Except that it is fictional, and they need to maintain tension, why isn't Valentine directly confronting Charlotte about entering Anna's room?

I cannot imagine another scenario where a parent who was concerned about their child's behavior would choose to be coy about their suspicions and not provide support for this young girl who is clearly reacting to the trauma of losing her mother.  Does Valentine want his daughter to grow up as emotionally stunted as he did?  It's believable that he could shield legally, after all, his entire family has done zero prison time for worse crimes (except Spencer).  But it is unfathomable that he wouldn't get her some help,

And if you were Anna, wouldn't you rather be told that the threat you've scared of is actually a little girl, rather than being frightened by your shadow?

Finally, what's Nina motivation for staying silent on this information?  She saw Anna today, and there's no reason for her not to say something.

Edited by j swift

• Members

I agree.  It's really awful parenting on Valentin's part.  Why not confront Charlotte and at least try to understand what happened and why instead of dancing around all of this?  Bring Anna and Dante in on it and figure out how to protect her legally.  It's not like Dante really cares about the law when someone close to him is involved and he and Sam should be aware if Charlotte stays/lives with them part time.  If she's starting house fires and trashing hotel rooms she probably shouldn't be around other children and getting help immediately.   

Pretty much every decision Nina makes is idiotic, so I don't expect anything more of her.

• Members

I liked the use of flashbacks to thread together Charlotte's story. But, it is hard not see her as a little girl rather than a big threat.

And while I enjoy the misdirection that this whole caper has nothing to do with Pikeman (directly), or Curtis's shooting, I can't help but be distracted by thoughts of whether this was the initial intent of the story, or if it was a punt on behalf of the scab writers. (I might be using the incorrect sports terminology, that's not my forte).

I pray to St. Laura of the Discotheque that this whole plot is not a device to unite Anna and Sonny romantically after they inevitably break up with Valentine and Nina.

Edited by j swift

• Members

I'm not sure she actually makes decisions as opposed to just acting on impulses. The day after she had Marty tip off the Feds she told Ava what she'd done & she took her through some basic logic & Nina had not thought of anything that Ava suggested would have been a consideration!  

• Members

I don't disagree.  Nina is a 50 plus year old woman though and being impulsive and reactionary isn't a cute character trait as an adult woman.  She's supposed to be a successful business owner.  Outside of the decision to marry Sonny, she doesn't seem to give much thought to anything.  Even the simplest conversations.  If the show explained her lack of skill with decision making and social skills was a side effect of being in a coma for half her life it would be one thing.  I just don't think that's the excuse.   Nina makes Carly look calm, cool, and collected.

• Members

Wait a minute! There's ANOTHER recast Molly coming. I am behind, lol.

That said...

9-15

Wow. I continue to be surprised at how much movement (and relevations) are popping up in storylines. From things taking a little toooooooooooo much time to I feel like it's giving old school DAYS where if you missed a day, you really did miss a lot. 

First of all...BLAAIIIIIIIIIIIRRRRRRRRRRR!!!! And still rocking a hot bod I see. Her talk with Tracy was hilarious. And SHE is Martin's ex-wife. And SHE is the silent partner. And SHE and Tracy are manipulating Lucy and Martin together basically so she doesn't have to pay him money. Well...lol. As an OLTL fan, it was good to have updates on her kids though I was sad to hear that Jack does not have the growth he was growing into during the online OLTL

Yay to Cody telling Sasha the truth about Gladys. And Sam and Dante being in the loop. Though all this talk about cards is making me wonder if Sam is about to do a card game assist per her intro story with the Dead Man's Hand.

I lived for that Spencer/Alexis scene. They really do not have enough of them so it was nice to see. And it was nice to see and hear SPRINA GOING TO NYC!!! That was so meta giving all the Sprina buzz from NYC fans. 

Oh, this was what you all were talking about with Joss and the book. Hehe. 

Anna confronting Valentine was made of win for me. 

As was Ava in those black boots. And now it's Sonny/Ava/Carly/Drew trying to get to the bottom of who is behind the 'who is taking down Sonny' story. 

Meanwhile...Nikolas is playing games.

Yeah...surprising not annoyed at anything going on at the moment after weeks of feeling like it was just treading waters.