Days: August 2023 Discussion Thread

• Members

All told I think they were great DAYS! But, I missed Bo & Phillip & Melissa (Lisa) in the flesh. And, in flashback I really missed Alice & Neil would have been nice. I think we needed another day. And, I also think the worst daily script writer was writing for SZ's 50th. She cannot possibly know enough show history. It should have been written by Carolyn Culliton or David Kreizman. 

• Replies 438
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

Oh, good one. I decided to return here & bed more clear. The daily scriptwriter for last Friday was one of the new writers, Sonja Alarr, Al's wife & it seems like an odd assignment because so much was history. I would've given it to either Culliton or to David Kreizman. And we should remember that what the day is about is not determined in any way by the scriptwriter. And more about the day. 

DAYS Friday was the longest episode ever: 52 minutes long! Jason47 said, "I subtracted the Suzanne Rogers tribute at the end, which wasn't technically part of the episode, but even with that, at 49:57, yes it is the longest episode." So, what did anyone notice about the day? It reminded me so much of what I would call "old timey" soaps because all it was, was people talking to each other except for flashbacks!! Loved it, great episode. I did really miss Alice Horton! She & Maggie were so close for so many years. Of course it was great that we had none of the foolishness with Stephanie & her two Dweebs or with Gwen & the Cheating Hearts.

Edited by Donna L. Bridges
combine 2 posts

• Members

How did Nicole’s hair grow so fast? Who is she? Rapunzel?

Please register in order to view this content

I liked her scenes of remembering Victor. In some ways, it almost felt like it was Ari talking, not Nicole. I just wish there would have been more. That should have taken up most of her scenes in todays episode, not talk of her and EJ getting married. 

I also liked Belle standing up to Shawn and her telling him that she wasn’t going to leave him at the bar, no matter what. It’s good seeing her tough and determined, rather than giving up so easily like she did with Jan. 

I did think Chloe was pretty stupid today though. She’s know that she’s Xander’s second choice and is still thinking of marrying him?? If they’re trying to say that she’s vulnerable and doesn’t understand her feelings, sort of the way that Xander is, I’d understand that. But if she is, I think that the show (and Nadia too) need to do a better job at establishing that. 

And yeah, Sarah’s just a bitch. I still don’t see how any man could love her. 

Edited by AbcNbc247

• Members

I mean, for gosh sakes, Suzanne Rogers was like one of the only castmembers that appeared in Deidre Hall's epic made-for-TV movie, "Never Say Never: The Deidre Hall Story" Starring Deidre Hall.  We need a movie follow up! 

Edited by Gray Bunny

• Members

That made me laugh. 

It really was a week of very good episodes. It goes to show that the budget/sets/lighting are not the problem. Lazy writing and producing is the problem. When the cast is given the material, they run with it. 

Like so many have said, I appreciated that Victor's death didn't result in universal praise for him. He was a very grey character and there were plenty of shades to him that got discussed in each of the episodes.

I especially liked that the writing for the Kate and Roman scenes did not involve Roman displaying even a hint of insecurity or jealousy. He even poked fun at the fact that Kate and Victor were really two peas in a pod when it came to their ruthlessness. 

It really is strange. There was a scene back when ED was playing Kristen where Maggie overheard Marlena and Victor talking about the tape being played at Brady's wedding...I think that was the most recent time where they shared a stage, even though they weren't in close physical proximity and did not share any lines. Whatever happened between them had to have happened around 2002/2003. I'm still convinced they blew up Tuscany restaurant just so Suzanne couldn't drop by Deidre's table...