Days: July 2023 Discussion Thread

• Members

Random thought, inspired by the number of responses to this thread, as well as the social media popularity of DAYS, it really was the perfect soap to move to streaming, because regardless of where it airs, it is still a part of the zeitgeist.  On these boards alone, it has double the number of responses of the Y&R thread for the past two months, despite Y&R being the number one rated soap.

I know someone will misinterpret my thoughts as defending Peacock, and counter that they don't watch, or NBC was stupid, or other rigmarole, but it is an interesting trend.

Edited by j swift

• Replies 487
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

Yeah! I had a ball going through that 2012 bunch of DOOL Episodes, how Days was on the verge of cancelation at that time I don't know! It was pretty good, and that's because Kristen didn't even return yet! 

Not really, I understand what you mean but IMHO it would've been smarter to keep the show on TV and Stream Older Episodes! The Doctors Success Should've been inspiration!

• Members

... and look at those beautifully consistent bricks in the background! 

Please register in order to view this content

Nowadays, their cramped little park set has a hodge podge of mismatched brick walls slapped together. 

"Peacock Money..." At this point, I expect Trump's wall to be erected with Mexico footing the bill before we see Salem return to something that wasn't constructed from sticky clearance bin items at the Dollar Tree. 

• Members

I get what you're saying but it varies some according to where you are. 

#SoapTwitter DAYS like crazy, substantial GH, little bit of B&B, almost no Y&R except for discontented Teriah fans

The Movie database GH out the wazo, tiny bit of DAYS, nothing else

Spoutible most DAYS, some GH, som Y&R, have not seen any B&B yet

My FB forum really all soaps. 

SoapHub's all soaps. 

Soap Opera Central used to be more GH, then DAYs, then Bell soaps, almost no classic soaps

Soaps She Knows used to be more GH, then DAYS, then Bell soaps, almost no classic soaps

• Members

Lani is strong!  She must've been working out in the prison yard. 

But, if she gets a get-out-of-jail-free card while Lucas is still rotting behind bars, then he's got to get a better lawyer.

Edited by j swift

• Members

Finally! Jerry can't stand it any longer & tells the truth to Lani who proceeds directly to Nurse Whitley King's apartment where she kicks in the door & finds Abe nearly catatonic on the sofa. Abe will be going home & getting well.

Nurse Whitley King will be going to jail!

In other news Marlena has a profitable discussion with Kristen & urges Brady to agree to joint custody. At last! Belle has the papers drawn up & sent to Brady who goes to the mansion & lets Kristen sign them & then tears them into pieces & throws them in the air.
I COULD SCREAM! 

However, Lani can come kick in my door anytime. 

Me, I loved today. 

• Members

Brady and Kristen’s scenes were actually more intense than I thought they were going to be today and I was impressed by them. I still think Brady should have shot her though, at least in the foot or something. 

I don’t really see how Brady can be arrested though, just on the word of a horrible child and without any evidence. Hopefully, that’ll lead to Kristen getting arrested too. And hopefully, Brady will get the chance to tell Rachel how awful her mother is. 

I liked Belle/Jada today too. That whole storyline with Shawn deserves to play out on screen

• Members

So, the obvious question that comes up over and over is why don't soap cops call for backup before they enter a suspect's dwelling?

If Lani had called Shawn and either he screwed up due to drinking, or redeemed himself by not drinking, it would have been an interesting way to integrate him into the story.

All that aside, I hate that Brady has a gun and the audience is supposed to understand that violent threats are a reasonable result when a grown man feels threatened.  I hope John yells at Brady for taking his gun out of the safe.  Like, dude, just because you're a 50-year-old man living with parents, doesn't mean you can use their gun!

Edited by j swift