Y&R May 2023 Discussion Thread

• Replies 217
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

Ric was amazing as Matt. That's why they brought him back as Ghost Matt for as long as they did, he and Sabryn had incredible chemistry.

It's a shame Tricia has never been brought back or even referenced since that storyline ended. But as we all know Victoria has had two very distinct lives.

• Members

Rick was great as Matt. I loved that storyline despite its darkness. I really hope it's not Cameron, but Sharon having a story means I'll take what I can get.

Is it me or does Michael Graziadei's performances not seem as sincere and deep as they used to be? He seems almost comical in some of them. I am not buying Daniel's grief, confusion and turmoil like I am Summer's. It's weird to say because "The Graz" used to be one of my favorite actors back in the day.

I love Audra stirring the pot.

• Members

Mildly intrigued by the Sharon spoilers but have zero faith in Josh to follow through.

Cameron seems the most likely at this point.

So Yolanda/Harmony returns after years and in true Josh fashion there's nothing to it. She is doing well, embraces all round and 'bye girl!'-probably never to be seen again.

Josh has been running things for years and Yoharm never got a mention-now we are supposed to believe Devon had been in touch. If that was the case why did Tucker have to invite her?

I find Malcolm/Shemar irritating at this point. I know it was a somber occasion but his whole attitude screamed 'special guest star delivering some gravitas'

• Members

I tuned in for the Neil tribute and while it was nice to see Yolanda and Malcolm, it fell flat. I get that these are really tributes to Kristoff and not Neil, but from a story perspective, it makes no sense not to mention Dru. Devon and Lily lost *two* parents. Devon was only accepted into the family because of Dru. Sharon was there and was Dru’s best friend. It just is odd they don’t mention her. 

Even having Daniel there upset about Phyllis would’ve been the perfect opportunity to mention that Phyllis cost Lily her mom. That could play into Daniel’s emotions, having Lily use her moms death to comfort Daniel with him know Phyllis is alive. 

• Members

It seems Sony/CBS has declared a détente with VR, bringing her back for the KSJ tribute and the 50th anniversary event, yet the Dru erasure continues. Maybe they think it’s ancient history 16 years after her departure or they’re so used to excluding her or believe that it’s a distraction from honoring Neil (which would be stupid—she was the love of his life). They’ve essentially Keemo’d her, mentioning her every once in a while. Yet Dru obviously had far more significance to Y&R than Keemo, which makes how she’s handled more glaring. Maybe they feel no one cares, which would partially be a self-fulfilling prophecy.

Edited by Faulkner

• Members

They’re very aware that any prolonged mention of Dru would create a firestorm online and calls to bring her back and that’s exactly what they don’t want. They don’t care that it makes no sense story wise. 

• Members

It really is insulting how they pretend Neil was World's Greatest Dad with Devon and that their relationship was the central axis. I barely ever watch this show and even I knew back then that adopting Devon was Dru's focus, that he was her project and that she got the entire family onboard, to say nothing of the fact that the entire storyline was Victoria Rowell's brainchild in the first place.

Edited by Vee