ATWT: Elizabeth Hubbard Dies at 89

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

Liz was one of a kind and always fought hard for what she believed in and for the integrity of the characters she played. There aren’t many like her left. I feel so fortunate to have watched her as Lucinda.

From the first time I saw her onscreen, I knew there was something special there. She was a true artist. RIP. 

• Members

I know it sounds morbid, but I think the next few years are going to be rough. Many of the long-time cast members of past and present soaps are up there in years. As the World Turns had a large number of older veteran actors right up until the end.

• Members

Totally. It’ll be a rough next few years with the passings of a lot of the remaining icons from the ‘60s, ‘70s, and ‘80s. It’s especially sad with soap stars because it feels like so much of that history dies with them. I see EH getting her flowers from a lot of people, and even that outpouring feels muted for someone of her stature.

• Members

She was such a force to be reckoned with. I can only imagine her runs on Guiding Light and The Edge of Night.  Having been lucky enough to see so much of her in THE DOCTORS thanks to RETRO TV, and her runs on ONE LIFE TO LIVE and AS THE WORLD TURNS, it just blew the wind out of my sails today. I promptly gathered notes I had been working on and updated her profile in SOAP HOPPERS to include her Broadway Career. 

Rest easy, DAAAHLING. You will be missed by so many, and my heart goes out to those in your life that lost you.  Thank you for all the joy you brought to so many!!!

(Her profile with photos, tv, movies and Broadway can be found in the SOAP HOPPERS THREAD   page 363.)