What Are You Listening To?

WTGH

• Replies 11.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

Her and her husband Dan, who is in the band and writes most of the songs, are really really nice people--I've talked to both every time I've seen them (embarassingly to the point where they recognize me and have even bought me shots). They've had trouble finding their niche--at first the UK was all over them and they went for a slightly more Kylie vibe (they did write a very good song on Cyndi Lauper's dance album a few years back) but they flopped... But I'd recommend downloading both their albums, particularly the first, Galore. It's a great mix of indie and dance/pop.

I always thought you disliked RedOne (yes I know making assumptions with you is dangerous :P )--I wonder if Kat ever is angry that she basically was his first project?

• Members

laugh.gif It's not that I don't like it, it's kind of just... Completely unremarkable? These fat synths à la [insert year] and that's it. It would sound cheap in anybody else's hands, but I guess the quality of the recording and the studios elevates it a bit. A bit. Every song of his sounds exactly the same and when I hear RedOne called out at the beginning of every single one of his songs, I want to scream!

Why would she be angry?

I was reading something the other day about Kat's new album and the article said something like "Kat is promoting her album in the only place left interested in her career – Europe." And I had to LOL.

Edited by Sylph

• Members

Did anybody state otherwise?

I have no idea why people think someone thinks a song is a masterpiece just because that someone posted it here. unsure.gif

The thread title is What Are You Listening To?, not What Do You Think Is a Masterpiece of Popular Music? Mmkay?