GH: A few spoilers from TV GUIDE

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

Lol! Thanks @Taoboi for the tag!  I do feel like it's 2002 again.  But I am in agreement with @Vee.   It sort of sounds like Vanessa being Vanessa and trying to get herself back on the show.  It's clear she's game.  The question is how much does FV dislike her and her antics?  She had to do something big to piss him off this bad.   It's been an entire decade of no Brenda...  It's a big enough return to confirm and the show has always pimped her returns to high heaven so if she appears on my screen I will eat my words and drop dead from shock, but I find it doubtful.

Edited by carolineg

• Members

I think she just knows her value to the show and is not afraid to throw her weight around, as she has before at GH. I think that irks FV and did especially in 2013, as he has always sought to control the show's biggest stars (like playing hardball with Burton in 2012) or supplant them with his favorites where possible. He and ABC went round and round with Genie and to a lesser extent Finola on certain things in years since. Vanessa has always been volatile, and he can't control her or what she says.

I would be in more support of an EP making it clear no one person is bigger than the show if it wasn't clear VM is a boon to the show, is willing to play ball and if FV had not made it his business over the last decade to push his preferred non-GH favorites while trying to shaft other longtime hugely important female leads in lieu of them. In this case, and almost none other, FV seems to have an ego about a big star. He made peace with Burton when the time came, pre-COVID because he knew what he thought was the bottom line of getting him back. (Even though I didn't want him back) He bowed to Tony Geary. He did these things because he felt keeping the key stars happy and in place was the right thing for GH and had net value. But Vanessa Marcil makes it clear she's not going to get screwed and he (seemingly) refuses to have her back. That's not the right thing for GH.

Edited by Vee

• Members

I have no problem with Vanessa knowing her worth and sticking by it as I am sure she barely got paid anything while leading the 90's with her stories and couldn't get what she wanted in 2003.

It's very clear Frank has a personal issue with her specifically and I don't see any cons to bringing Brenda back.  It seems like a no brainer, but maybe her position is less solid without Jax/Jason on the canvas.  And even if she wants big money I can't see it being much more than Howarth or Easton who are on their third failed characters.   I don't see how she'd be worth less than MB unless we are paying MB for loyalty and not actual skills.   It's a shame the show doesn't see the same worth in their female leads as they do their males because at the very least a Brenda return would garner buzz for the show.  I mean TVGuide is talking to her for no discernible reason lol. 

• Members

If it wasn't Frank it would happen, IMO. I'll be amazed and pleased if she turns up, but I don't expect it. I think Frank is convinced he can hang the show on Joss, the ever-compelling Valentin, Maura and Howarth, Liz plugged in to stories or characters he wants to support, Spencer (Trina optional), Esme, Carly and Drew, Sonny and Cynthia Watros.

Edited by Vee

• Members

Yeah I agree.  The thing is Frank seems to be doing an okay job and keeping the budget in line, so no one at ABC cares about GH or what he does.  There are huge flaws with GH and obvious ways to make things better, but I also get the sense no one on the GH writing staff or behind the scenes has a connection to the Brenda character the way Guza did.  MB seems to be the only one that advocates a Brenda return and it's not like he really cares that much as long as he gets story.  The longer Brenda as a character stays away  the less relevant she is.  Will she and Sonny ride off into the sunset?  Yes, I absolutely believe that, but Brenda could actually do more things on the canvas than be Sonny's arm candy. The show wastes so much time on characters that don't have a fanbase or any history instead of just bringing back a character people really like.

• Members

The only thing missing is a corner photo of VM.  Brenda back?!?  Is Vanessa returning to GH?!?  Can Brenda drive a wedge between Sonny/Nina?

What makes me laugh is that a few years earlier it would say something like Missy Reeves to GH?!?  Missy returning- but not to DAYS!  For like two years after she walked out Missy owned that corner box.  Then it was Vanessa for about a decade.