GH: A few spoilers from TV GUIDE

• Members

See? Already at a page after the tag.

Please register in order to view this content

Showing the power of BRENDA. 

But going into what I'm saying...FV is very good...even at ego aside...at what works for an anniversary. So I do expect Brenda or at least Luke to show up. But it being kept under wraps.

I will eat crow if I'm wrong of course, I just feel one, the other, or both, is inevitable.

And we all know I want her to ride off into the sunset if the show is cancelled so  

But that's the thing. Even with them gone, Brenda STILL has enough connections to make it work...and even make new connections...which again makes it work.

We all can see her landing at Deception and it writes itself from Sasha to a silly feud with Maxie/Lucy or both to running afoul of Ms. Wu. And THAT is ONLY Deception. Off the top of my head. I know all of us can think of more storyline.  

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

I see why people think Brenda doesn't have a ton of current connections, but it would take very little work to connect her to the canvas.  It's not as if she doesn't know most of the cast she just didn't interact with them that much.   For a better or worse, the fact she is so closely tied to Sonny opens up pretty much everyone to her.  All you have to say is Deception needs a boost and they are bringing back the original Face of Deception to help with buzz.  The only thing I would wonder about is who to pair her with.  No one besides Sonny seems like the right choice.  I guess you could try her with Drew.

• Members

Starr Manning didn't have a personality beyond the age of 8. Joss is annoying as hell but she definitely has a personality, she's abrasive and argumentative and selfish. She's basically Carly without the little lost girl backstory to elicit sympathy (or the talent of SJB to carry where the backstory couldn't). 

If Brenda returned and was able to exist as a character outside of the albatross that is Brenda&Sonny and the neverending triangle (which is happily forever *fingers crossed* dead because Ingo is never coming back) I'd welcome her back. But I will not tolerate Sonny and Brenda crying and haranguing over the same issues they had 30 years ago 5 days a week. 

• Members

14 or so, to be fair.*

I think there is plenty to do without Sonny for Brenda. But I would re-pair her with Sonny, have them carefully and slowly work through their issues and his renouncing the mob (mostly), and they would be the Victor/Nikki or Mac/Rachel senior supercouple and that would be it. There is no other plausible romantic story left for either of them when the other is around, not since 2011 and not now. No more triangles, no more outsiders, no more break-ups. Victoria Wyndham(?) knew when to put her foot down about that at AW and she was right. VM would take the lion's share of story and Sonny would be relegated to Victor-esque white-collar schemes. Anyway, we've all talked about this many times.

Edited by Vee

• Members

I know!!! Outside of Sonny, she is sooo easy to drop into any storyline because she knows EVERYBODY. Outside of Sonny, a love interest would be an interesting question. Cody? *shivers*

As for Vanessa, I wouldn't put it past her to film a brief cameo a la Jax's exit back in the day. Or a vision of some sort. 

• Members

There's no need. It's Sonny, end of.

I am in the minority in that I kind of like Cody. Like I keep saying, there are worse characters and concepts on the show than Josh Kelly playing a hunky stablehand who is related to Mac. Dump the Dominique thing and you have plenty to do with him to let him be the handsome stud for any number of women (like single mom Liz having a nonserious fling with him, something I think I've talked about it). His introduction was ugly and botched but as he is, I don't see an issue.

• Members

Idk, Cody just seems like such a bland 40 ish character.  And not that Jax wasn't mildly bland, but he was at least super rich and the most extra with his wealth and gifts.  I just don't see Brenda being into Doctors.  Like there needs to be a slightly sexy mob boss in the rain not named Sonny that enters the building.

• Members

I just don't see a need to squire Brenda around with a bunch of random dudes at this point. No man on the canvas is a match for her now, even Sonny isn't but that is where the fanbase is, that is where the money is, it's where the audience and potentially even a numbers bump is so reunite them, do it right, humble him for her and keep it moving. Nobody is here to watch Brenda with Chase or Cody or Dante or Johnny or Swinging Dick X or anyone else any more than they were over a decade ago.

Edited by Vee