GENERAL HOSPITAL February 2023 Discussion Thread

• Members

Ugh...why did they have to break up Liz & Nicolas so abruptly today?  I wanted more entanglements and story between them, but now she's going to end up back in that dead-end relationship with the world's worst vampire sucking the life out of her again.

The only good story right now is Laura & the Cassadines.  They need to expand that family into a darker version the Quartermaines.  Everything else is just dull or dreadful right now.

Britt being on a wall of GH's deceased staff was a nice touch, but I didn't see Audrey up there.  Is she not dead?  Where is she?  Weird that Edward & Lily (as donors?) are so prominently at the top compared to the leading characters that played doctors and nurses at GH.  I think I saw Alan and Tony, but I don't think I saw Amy.  I guess we'll see the wall in greater detail for the 60th anniversary or whenever they do Epiphany's death episode.

• Replies 453
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

Scenes with Austin and Finn feel so belabored. I'm sure we're meeting guarantees but enough! And watching Michael Easton gravel talk his way through the grief of his non-relationship with Liz is physically painful to watch.

They have got to give Genie something substantial to do. The marriage with Kevin is not it.

Britt's being given a month long mourning as if she were a 30 year vet. Enough about her already.

This week has been deathly dull. Let's get some other balls dropping, at least add some humor or something.

• Members

Something I have been fretting about & am so grateful that It looks like it won't happen. 

I wonder if we will follow Dante & Sam to England. It is so crazy that they would take off with a 5 yr old address for the  nanny Maggie. 

Edited by Tonksadora

• Members

Any time I say this people get mad! The truth is that Genie made it clear to Frank she would not return again in the mid-2010s without a) a contract and b) a serious love interest, and what they gave her was Kevin who was on recurring so it meant not hiring someone new. Kevin is a fairly active character in story and Genie and Jon Lindstrom clearly love being paired together, but the relationship has never made much sense to me at all. They have a lot of fans in the audience but I think people are just happy to see Laura happy. I would play them but ultimately break them up. Laura deserves a new, action-oriented man where the Luke question can be openly dealt with (as opposed to shrugged off with pablum and very surface material, the way they've done it so far) and Kevin deserves poor Lucy.

Edited by Vee

• Members

Let Laura have an affair! With a man who's lives that rough and tumble life but isn't some sort of Luke copy. Someone slightly younger maybe, in their 40s (and NOT Austin or Finn who are "40s") that would be exciting for her and the audience. If they played it right it could absolutely work, especially since she wouldn't be cheating on the love of her life but Kevin, the guy who gets less screentime than his fake mute twin brother.

• Members

None of that makes me mad.

What I like most about Genie this go round is how she claims so many as family & how she tells them all off with regularity! They let Laura have dialog to tell people off where no one else gets to. I loved how she tore into Nik yesterday. And the day of all the crisis & babies being born all over as Mayor, frantic but authoritative. 

They didn't ask me but I think they should give up on Finn. They wrote him into an awful corner. I don't see them writing him out of it. 

• Members

I would put her with a Black WSB man, someone who can compete with the shadow of Luke at least. I wouldn't do an affair per se but you can play the quad drama as she slowly goes to this man and Kevin goes to Lucy. But of course, I wanted it all to begin first with a forced (and platonic) marriage to wacky Victor while Kevin got locked in the asylum by bad guys for six months (only to be freed by Lucy) so what do I know.

• Members

You always want to put someone with a Black Man .

Laura cussing people out is the highlight of any episode, because unlike when people like Sonny or Carly or even Alexis do it Laura is a fundamentally good person who CAN speak from morally superior place. It's gratifying to watch her put someone in their place.

You guys are no fun.

Edited by Darn