GENERAL HOSPITAL February 2023 Discussion Thread

• Members

Wait.

Waitwaitwait.

Portia's hot dad is Ricco Ross?? Thee Ricco Ross?? Ricco Ross, badass Private Frost from fùcking Aliens?? And from the legendary/infamous (depending on who you ask, but I loved it) Doctor Who story "The Greatest Show in the Galaxy"? @DRW50knows who I mean:

Well, now he has to stay.

• Replies 453
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

The fake mental hospital names on this show get dumber and dumber over the years. Ron Carlivati tried to shove "Miscavige" down our throat for a long time but clearly someone at Disney told them to stop that shít lol, and now we have the lame "Spring Ridge" and the silly-ass "D'Archam". I'm tired of hearing it. Just bring back Shadybrook or Ferncliff and shut it.

• Members

Once again, this bitch never ceases to amaze me. Ranting and raving about Sonny and his lifestyle, yet she's opening her legs for Sonny's employee like she's a hooker. And when she was called into the police station, the first thing she did was call Sonny's lawyer. Like, really???

And Liz, trying to make excuses when she should be beating the holy hell out of her for what she did to Cam. 

Seriously, this hypocritical, sociopathic attitude for a "good" character is another soap trope that should never be used again.

Edited by AbcNbc247

• Members

Well I know for sure from viewing the 1981 episodes that the facility Heather was in was called Forest Hills, but I've seen references that say Jeff committed Heather to Pine Circle after the LSD incident. I don't know whether this was meant to be the same sanitarium (perhaps a retcon or a continuity error) or whether Heather was transferred at some point.

• Members

2-21

WORTH...THE...WAIT.

You know I'm talking about Sprina. Mmmmmmm YES. I even went back and watched the scenes from last Friday up to now. God, that was great. I squealed like a little girl with the whole heels up thing, too.

Meanwhile...AP is acting her a#$ off in this whole thing. Why do I say that? When she had her memory and Esme played like she was in trouble, you could tell it was overdramatic and fake, but good. But she seriously seems overdramatic, but yes, scared for her life and her baby. Even her landing in Laura's hands as she is going into labor was great. And hmmm...Laura forming a bond with a good Esme...that's a good complication moving forward between Laura and Spencer. 

Speaking of acting, those scenes between MW and JL were fire. Did you happen to see them @Ryan Chamberlain? Because Ryan was giving layers within the obsession and yet longing. They were spellbinding together. 

So much going on and flowing. It was almost jarring to have Victor/Anna/Valentin show up. I hope they are able to weave it into the rest of this Sweeps without it being jarring to the flow.

Speaking of...loving that the beats are being played in how gradually EVERYONE IN TOWN are finding out the secrets (the wedding paternity pickle, the Hook, Esme's parents, Ryan's return). Though...and I say this again...Heather as Hook is soooo anticlimactic. I am happy to see that I am not the only one hoping there is another twist coming. 

As the week was going down and Portia was CENTER, I was so thinking and hoping you would see it and love it. And YASSS she was doing some nuances in that scene, but she STILL got married. Loved it. Yeah, I loved a lot of the dresses. And look at Terry trying to upstage the bride in red.

Please register in order to view this content

But yeah, it did suit her. And yes on Ava giving classic.

I guess we will see. re: Nik dead. 

So Dr. Holt didn't get poisoned hook. Darn.

Same.

Good to see you all the same.

• Members

I was told that the writers just screwed up again, didn't know who it was when they began & made it up as they went along & that this is just IT, Heather! I'm just sick about it. I'm even hoping he was lying to me. 

Otherwise, someone on #SoapTwitter posted this lovely 'Sprina, story of love'. Enjoy it & don't think about the blasted Hook! The tweeter was @createdvoidx 

https://twitter.com/i/status/1628786705451872256

• Members

2-23

And what was I just saying about jarring the flow.

So far, the first episode that I'm not feeling and is a chore to get through.

Can Willow die already? lol.

The only thing that connects to the awesomeness of the last few weeks is seeing Heather and some of the Hook aftermath with Sasha and Dante/Sam back from their trip to reveal Esme's parentage.

BUT...here comes the Sonny shipment story as expected. Since we are blowing up storylines, please let Michael vs Sonny explodes as Joss finds out the truth about Dex. The more story climaxes the better.

Meh.

Awww thank you.

• Members

That Sonny/Spencer scene made no sense.  Why was Sonny at the hospital visiting Esme's baby? I know he just visited Willow's baby, but is he permanently on the maternity ward?  Why would Spencer discuss his hopes and fears with Sonny? I know they're related, but it's not like they've been close?  It was just too random.

It was also an odd contrast to the Joss/Dex scene, because Sonny hardly seems like much of a threat when he is constantly shown cuddling babies.

However, the Ava/Spencer scene where she was given all of the exposition to explain Ryan and Esme's relationship and how that motivated the plot to terrorize Ava was really well done.  Of course, it is slightly unrealistic that after going through her own trauma, and looking for Austin to hide her own crimes, that Ava would take the time to sensitively tie everything up for Spencer.  But, as a viewer I found it helpful to understand the plot.

Edited by j swift

• Members

I think that Sonny was there to support Spencer after the birth of his little brother/Nikolas disappearing. Sonny and Spencer have always been pretty close going back to when Spencer was little. And he was doing stuff like giving him advice when he had that kiddie triangle with Cam/Emma. 

Sonny has also supported Spencer during some low moments during his life, like when he found out that Nikolas had faked his death.

I've always enjoyed their relationship, I think it's one of the better ones that Sonny has.

Edited by xtr

• Members

@xtr-excellent point, well made, thanks for clarifying

Does Spencer still live with Victor at the hotel? I don't recall seeing where he's been living since that one scene when he got out of jail.

On another note, isn't ironic how history repeats itself? (sort of, I mean I don't think Esme's not faking it, but...)

Edited by j swift