Trademarks of Different Creators/EPs/Writers

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

Labine: comic-relief animals (Foster & Annabelle on GH, Todd’s parrot on OLTL); kooky female supporting characters (Lucy, Lois, Maggie, May Merisi); elevated, erudite dialogue; mob intrigue; dead children.

I’m sure there’s much more I’m missing.

• Members

I believe Irna herself told a variation of this story on one of her radio soaps. I believe the radio soap was 'The Road of Life' and had a Doctor character suffer amnesia and he ended up on a farm where he fell in love with a widowed woman - who also had a disabled sister-in-law living on the farm. I don't know if Bell had been working for Irna at this time, but evidently, this seemed to be a story he must have noticed and would later repeat twice to much success.  

Edited by BetterForgotten

• Members

Agnes liked her young love storyline where the protaganists were the innocent girl and the well meaning good guy who were manipulated by outside forces.But she really really only used it repeatedly on AMC.

I guess Meredith and Larry on early OLTL would qualify.

On AW , Steve wasn't the type. Loving had Stacey and Jack?

On AMC,first there was Phil and Tara. Then Cliff and Nina, followed quickly by Jenny and Greg.

But there really wasn't a next couple to follow that template. At one point when she took over the writing I think Scott and Becca were given that role.

• Members

Scott and Becca definitely were. The last iterations, which Agnes was allegedly involved in, could be considered Pete and Celia and A.J. and Miranda at AMC 2.0. (Though AMC had apparently planned to subvert it according to Eric Nelsen by having A.J. come out as gay.)

I think Cooper and Steffi on LOV can also be classed as one of Agnes' young love couples with Cooper as the well-meaning poor little rich boy like A.J., though I am pretty sure she had nothing to do with Cooper and Hannah who also fit the mold.

Edited by Vee

• Members

I do agree that Sadie and Carla had the salt of the earth long suffering mom and the striving for more daughter with a twist.

I know Agnes Nixon also head wrote GL and don't think she used that template there.

She did a reverse variation with Peggy Scott (Fletcher) as the put upon daughter of a striving for more mother (Maggie Scott) on GL

She employed the put upon daughter and social climbing mom on AMC (Ann & Phoebe, Edna & Dottie, Opal & Jenny) and I believe she set up the Steffi Brewster/Deborah element on Loving

Edited by Soaplovers