DAYS actor status change

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

First, I really sympathize with actors, imagine only being secure in your job for three months at a time, it would make it impossible to plan financially, let alone anticipate when you should audition for other work.

That being said, Zach posted today on Insta that he is appearing on one of the CBS procedurals tonight (not a fan, so I have no idea which one - CSI/FBI/Mia/NYC?)  I would be fascinated to know from someone with experience in the field, what is the long term financial gain of a guest appearance on a single prime-time network episode (with residuals) versus a 13 week soap contract?  Because last night on TikTok I watched a man open his residual checks and it totaled over $1,100.00 for six episodes in the past five years which must be close to a week's salary on a soap (considering the average annual daytime salary is 56K, according to SAG/AFTRA).

https://www.cheatsheet.com/entertainment/heres-how-much-daytime-soap-stars-really-make-its-not-as-much-as-you-think.html/

That number seems very low when you consider the average rental in LA is $2700

Edited by j swift

• 4 weeks later...