DAYS actor status change

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

He and Chandler will be written off the show once again. 

I should've known since all Zach does is play video games all day.

Please register in order to view this content

Its interesting he never confirmed he was leaving the show.

I know he was recently taping at Days so that might be his send off sometime this spring/summer.

Days let go a good actor. 

Ron has no clue on writing for Sonny.

I'm assuming Leo stays and gets his dirty hands on Andrew Donavan.

Edited by Soapsuds

• Members

DAYS should be ashamed at how they've wasted Zach Tinker. People fell in love with him as Sonny after just 1 Beyond Salem episode. For a recast to be accepted so quickly, doesn't happen all the time. After nearly a year on the mothership, nothing to show for it. They've done nothing with him. I don't get it. The only thing I can think of is DAYS is either too afraid to split up Sonny and Will  or too afraid to recast Will. 

I get the last Will recast was a disaster, but it's also clear Chandler is never coming back full time. Will's too important of a character to just be popping in for 3-4 episodes every 6 months. 

If they don't want to do that, give Sonny a real new love interest. Someone that people actually like and can root for (IE not Leo). Almost every other couple has been given opportunities to break up, cheat, etc...why has Sonny and Will not been afforded the same?  

Ron when he explained why he killed off Abby said couples where one half is full time and one half is on recurring is too hard to write for, yet despite Sonny and Will being the same boat, hasn't done anything about it. 

• Members

A contract on U.S. soaps does two things:
It ensures that that show can use you when they need you.
It gives you "benefits" (health insurance, retirement, etc.).

Also, when you are on a contract,  you are guaranteed to be paid for x number of episodes per week, averaged over time.
If you have a one-episode guarantee, then they pay you for 52 episodes in the year, but some months you might air a lot, and some months you might not air at all.

However, a contract doesn't guarantee that they will keep you. 
All it does is keep you available for them.

Even with a multi-year contract, they can fire you at the end of any 13-week cycle.

Edited by janea4old

• Members

Idk. Maybe they don’t want to screw Chandler over since his schedule is their own fault. Will and Sonny should never have been written out in 2020, then again, we might not have gotten Zach if that hadn’t happened

Please register in order to view this content

At this point, I don’t mind Sonny and Will breaking up, just as long as it’s not over Leo. I’d rather Sonny cheat/move on with any other person on the canvas but Leo.

Edited by AbcNbc247