DAYS: Latest SOW Cover...

• Members

It features the caption...

"MISSY TO DAYS: I QUIT!"

Apparently, she's telling her castmates that she's not renewing her contract, but the show won't comment.

So... I'd say she's leaving.

This sucks, damn it. Just plain sucks. She'll probably never be back, and Days is losing its sweetheart.

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I know, but pretty much every story is frontburner. He needs that story to play for filler -- that's what Jennifer is for. So, he needs her, LoL. And if he can get an already established character with a cheaper new actress in the role, he'll do it.

• Members

Maybe, but getting rid of Jack, Jennifer, and Frankie (and maybe Max & Abbie) would lighten the cast, and cut costs. If NBC renews the show, you know Days will be getting less money, and if that's the case, characters will have to go again.

• Members

Melissa didn't say she was quiting. Like usually, SOW printed it without getting confirmation from Missy.

And Michael Logan said in his coulmn in TV Guide that Jack is coming back in May in a story that will lead up to Frankie and Jennifer getting married. Jack is also going to need a bone Marrow transplant.

• Members

Ummmm, if she came back after a freaking lawsuit with the show, then she can definitely come back after this. I don't know why anyone is shocked about this or is all upset about this....like it's the end of the world. JMO.

• Members

LOL, Mike is right.

I'll miss Missy, a lot, she's adorable and the perfect sweetheart, but DAYS has survived without Jennifer and without Missy. It's not the end of the world.

It's just SAD, because Missy and Matt were treated like dirt and given lame ass storylines when they deserved so much more. I still can't believe they've been on the backburner for this long. What a true waste of their talents.

Missy's contract probably doesn't expire until August or September so there is plenty of time to end things with Jack/Jenn and Frankie but IMO, I sense a recast coming, if there really is a big Jack/Jenn story starting in May... Hmm... Time will tell. It just sucks everytime they get a decent story (or the prospect of one) one of them quits, LOL!

• Members

That stinks because she really symbolizes one of the true hearts and cornerstones of the Horton family. She really grew to be that symbol of Horton goodness and values. I highly doubt they'll recast; they'll write off Jack & Jenn together and lighten the cast. Frankie will probably stick around for one failed relationship (Carrie?) before he fades away too.

• Members

And we don't know if it true or not. SOW printed it like it is a fact without confirmation from the show or Missy.

SOW must be desperate for Scoop. Last week AI was on the cover and this week they are saying someone is quiting without any confirmation.

• Members

Still don't beleive it. SOD is a little more credible then SOW and even so she may be thinking about it and telling her cast mates. If she was leaving we would heare something.

King Reilly is right-as much as I like J&J it is not the end of the road. I love Frankie too but if Days needs to make some cuts to stay where its at I say cut those three because the rest of the cast has jelled together nicely of late. I do think JER will recast though because he does have something planned. He just doesn't start triangles and end them when someone quits-its not his MO. Days will be fine without them since if J&J do leave its of their own accord. Remember when JER was jacking up Days ratings from 1995-1997 Missy and Matt weren;t there. The recasts were and were mostly filler like Kenny said and the show rocked. Love them but not the end of the road.

I guess we will just wait and see.

• Members

I believe it, and I think that's why the story is all over the place. Jennifer and Frankie have had plenty of time to build up to a wedding in May, but they didn't. It sounds like Jennifer and Frankie decide to get married in less than a month's time. IMO, JER is using this as a May sweeps gimmick, and no more. Most likely, Jack and Jennifer will be reunited and will leave during the summer. Frankie, Abbie, and Max may, or may not, remain.

I don't think there will be recasts because JER has showed zero interest in Jack, Jennifer, Frankie, Abby and Max for years now. Compare this with Carrie and Austin who arrived about 6 months ago and are on nearly every day. Why would he recast characters he has no interest in? I don't think he will. I think he will use this open space to bring back other characters, or bring on more of his own creations.

• Members

I don't see how people can keep saying that JER has not been interested in J/J in years. Ever since he came back he has wrote just as much for them as anyone else. He split them up during the SSK story - just like he did most every other couple.

Then we watched as Jennifer dealt with the death. Then with the Island story they were actually one of the few couples reunited on the Island and shared story on the Island. Then he separated them just like he did John & Marlena and showed both John & Jennifer moving on. Jack had all the scenes of fighting to get out of the castle. Then he wrote the crappy 3rd death of Jack but still wrote for them.

JER has written more stuff for them than he has for Bo & Hope since he came back. Bo & Hope were pretty much supporting the majority of 2005. And Abe & Lexxie were too.

I mean again I just don't see how until here recently they have been any more backburner than any one else. Their story is not front and center right now, but as I have said in the past - it is their turn to sit back. He will move them up front again, just give it time and be patient.

And as already said we need to remember this is still just a rumor that she is leaving. but I agree that I see Jennifer being recast.

And as to bringing in his own creations, I have to disagree with that too. Of all the writers in daytime, that is one thing that JER cannot not be accused of. He brings on very few new characters and way fewer than most new writers do on any show. Bonnie, Patrick Alex and Chelsea are the only completely new long-term characters that I remember in a long time. Both Frankie and Max are old characters he brought back. Even with the SSK and Island stories there weren't a whole lot of new continuing characters.

JER basically works with what he has or brings in characters we know. And I like that about him. And none of his new characters seem to dominate their stories either and that is another thing I like.

Archived