DAYS: Latest SOW Cover...

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Steve was right on. The one thing JER cannot be accused of is bringing on a hundred newbies.

In 93/1994 he (as well as Sheri Anderson) brought back Laura, Mike, Stefano, Tony, Sami and created Kate. Only new characters were Austin and Billie (both Sheri Anderson's creations).

In 2005 he brought back Austin, Carrie, Frankie, and Max. He did create (well "re-created") Bonnie (in 2003) and Georgia/Chelsea (2004/2005), and added Patrick (2004).

• Members

Could Matt Ashford work with a Jennifer recast? I can't see it happening. I think it's more likely both Matt & Missy will go, and Jack/Jen will get their happy ending.

After the way J&J have been treated, who'd blame the two actors for leaving DAYS?

Apparently Missy isn't happy about Jennifer moving on so quickly after Jack's supposed death.

I bet she'll be putting as little passion as possible into the rumored Jen/Frankie sex scenes.

Where does all this leave Billy Warlock? He really should have stayed at GH. :rolleyes:

Reilly and Corday: clueless as usual! :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

• Members

I agree Steve and even before JER returned J&J were getting lots of story. Bope fans and Abe and Lexie fans didn't complain last year when their faves were back burnered so J&J fans have no argument there. Sure they have been burned by the deaths and all but Matt and Missy got great material, especially in the fall. I also agree about JER not bringing on newbies. He does it on Passions but on Days he uses its history and brings back characters from the past. That is one thing I could never hold against him.

• Members

Missy IMO has been phoning it in for years except for the island reunion and her work in the fall and a few other times. She just hasn;t been the same in her second run and that isn't JER's fault. She lost her spunk and fire with a few exceptions here and there. I love Missy and Matt and I agree they do get shafted but JER has wrote Jack in character and has given J&J decent material. Just because J&J leave doesn't mean Frankie has to. Mickey is gone so he will probably stay as the lawyer and go from there. He did the right thing leaving GH-they treated him horribly and at least Billy has gotten good material once in a while.

Reilly and Corday make mistakes but they are not clueless in this regard. Missy and Matt have gotten good material recently and its time for the others who were backburnered last year to have it. Its not like its hurting the ratings with them not on anyway. I do think they will recast because there is lots of story planned but I think it all depends on what else is going on.

• Members

Well I for one am NOT going to believe this until Missy herself or the show confirms these rumours.

Just because the Reeves bought a house in Nashville doesn't mean she is moving there. It is very easy to commute back and forth and since Missy doesn't work everyday it won't be a problem, hardly ANYONE at DAYS works the full 5-days.

A Commute from Nashville to LA is like 3 hours or 3 1/2 hours, thats not THAT bad and it IS dooable!

Also, this is all hearsay and backstage gossip, you know how that goes and SOW is the least realiable out of ALL the soap mags. I am not believing this until I hear some confirmation from a REPUTABLE source!

I am tired of all these damn rumours (ie. The ABC Announcement, DAYS to ABC, First Matt is fired (when he wasn't), now Missy is leaving at the end of summer). ALL of those rumours have turned out to be NOT TRUE so I am going to wait and see!

• Members

Your right, she could JUST be upset with the material. This doesn't mean she wants to leaver...perhaps her being a little upset with the story has sparked these rumours.

I am glad that from the sounds of it, Missy will be having something to do as her story seems to heat up at the beginning of Summer as Ashford will be back in May.

• Members

I honestly think Missy is leaving.

Maybe she just wants a change, yea maybe the way they have treated her and Matt like [!@#$%^&*] in the last couple of years have soemthing to do with it but I think its more. I think she is just ready to settle down.

Hopping on a plane and flying to and from L.A would be alot of work to do IMO. Missy has kids, I don't think she would want to leave her kids, just so she can go shoot 2-3 or more episode of DOOL come back for a day or two, and then go back to L.A. Thats a lot and work. If so more praises to Missy. Thats dedication.

I think there is going to be an announcement in next week SOD about this. I am betting Days will have the full cover of next with SOD with Missy on it and maybe an annoucement about if Days is cancel.

March is over in 2 days. And still no annoucement about negotiotions and if Days is cancel.

• Members

Well, I would not be surprised if it was true. Let's face it - the stories Missy has been handed the last few years had to be awfully disappointing to her. She can't be thrilled to have to play Jack is dying storyline not once, not twice but three times. With the exception of a month last summer when J&J basked in the glow of this reunion - all Missy has done since JER returned was cry and mourn over Jack over and over again. Romance, adventure went out the door for her character and all she got to play was misery that just got plain old boring after awhile. Even her romance with Frankie, though not my cup of tea, wasn't given any significant time to play onscreen up to this point. It just has to be one great disappointment to her.

Poor Matt has been off the show (and presumed dead) more than he has been on since his first death so I don't understand how anyone can say JER has written for him.

But I digress. I firmly believe that if JER is just sick of writing for J&J, they will be written off together since Missy wants to leave. But if JER thinks there is potential story there - then Jenn will be recast or go thru her own offscreen death.

Maybe this sounds blasphemous but since it is Missy's decision to leave I wouldn't mind watching Jack have to pick up the pieces in her absence. I believe it is about time that someone else falls for Jack on screen - Ashford would have great chemistry with several other Salem ladies.

Just my two cents worth.

• Members

There will be so much uproar online if Days is cancelled..

it would be interesting watching Mathew Ashford's Jack without Missy Reeves..Jack could easily be paired with Billie or Sami...Matt's got great chemistry with both of them...

Who knows..

• Members

Missy can go but if Days is cancelled I will fly to LA and protest. All those who want to join in raise your hands because I am not letting this show go without a fight.

I hope the big ratings boosts the last few weeks and great demos helps Days out. I don't think Days will be cancelled and somehow I don't buy Missy leaving. If she does so be it the rest of the cast is being used and is gelled together nicely. Its almost as if Days is prepared already for J&J's departure.

As for Matt's recent screen absence, part of it is due to the play he is doing so its not entirely Days is fault. Yes Matt and Missy have been screwed over alot but they have gotten great story under JER and he has written Jack in character more then any other writer since Matt came back in 2001. Missy has not been the same this time around except for a few exceptions like I mentioned in my previous post in this thread. It has to be annoying dealing with all the death and I am sure she hates it but this third death gave Missy awesome material-so awesome that they pre-nomed her for the emmy's. JER has huge story planned for them and given the way the rest of the show has become so traditional and character-driven, I would stay if I were Matt and Missy. I just wouldn't sign a long term deal-just stay and see how it goes. If they go, Ashley Benson better remain. Just move her in with Hope or something.

On another note, if Days needs to make high salary cuts Missy, Billy, and Matt should probably go since it wouldn't hurt the current roll the show is on. I love all three but they are the only three expendable right now who probably get alot of money.

Archived