DAYS: Latest SOW Cover...

• Members

I think it will be a while before we get an announcement. Wasn't it in May the announcement was made in 2003? And if that was after the show started negotiations in March, we may be talking about May before we get an announcement again? Negotiating a contract as big as this isn't something that happens in a period days or weeks. It could take months.

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I'm sorta surprised but can see why Missy would leave. DAYS isn't moving on much with Jenn's storyline. I hope Jack & Jennifer split up. I also hope DAYS re-casts Melissa Reeves as Jennifer. Her character is important as a member of the Horton clan. I just want a stronger actress than Stephanie Cameron who played Jenn when Reeves left the prior time. Paige Rowland (ex-Kit, AMC), Cali Timmins (ex-Maggie RYAN's HOPE), Noelle Beck(ex-Trisha, LOVING), or Sarah Aldrich (ex-Courtney, PORT CHARLES) might work.

• Members

I would like a former soap actress in the role. I didn't care too much for Cameron either. Some I have thought about are: Jennifer Ashe, Hilary Edson (a little different look but popular actress in the past on AW, GL, and GH), Sandra Ferguson, Noelle Beck, Lauralee Bell (not sure if she would do Days though since it competes with Y&R), and Jane Krakowski.

Of those I like Sandra Ferguson or Noelle Beck the best.

• Members

Billy didn't have a choice about GH.

He was fired

He came back cause GH had reason to use AJ one last time, and I'm sure that return was just a job for him. That ending, shooting his father, being killed by Jason was the end in a long run of character destruction.

• Members

Wel that article is very promising in regards to Missy. It seems she just doesn't understand the direction the show is taking with her character. I don;t understand why she thinks its so soon-Days has dragged this for months and its been made clear since last summer that Frankie still has a thing for Jen and she still has feelings for him. That part I don't understand but I chalk that up to her just being loyal to Matt and wanting the story to be featured more, which it seems it will be with Jen and Frankie having sex and the buildup to their wedding/Jack's return. This makes me hopeful that once Misy sees what the show has written for the summer, especially with Matt returning in May, that she will want to stay and play it all out with Matt and Billy. After reading this, I am more leaning towards her staying. She also is very close with lots of the vets there so maybe that will play a role in this.

As for Brandt, I have been saying for months that he would leave since he isn't too crazy about the story and his role (can't blame him since he is always out of the loop). The last few weeks though his acting has improved a little so maybe he was talked to about where the character was going and liked it or maybe he is just showing off so another show picks him up.

The renewal rumors is nothing new but the current ratings situation for Days really does hope if they can sustain it so I hope Corday uses that in negotiations.

• Members

I read the article Kev and it is still being classified as a rumor. Its basically telling us what we have been hearing already. The SOD article at least goes in depth and gives us reasons which does give me hope that Days can persuade her to stay. I think there is still lots more to go before we get anything official on this since her contract isn't up to August/September.

• Members

I hope Melissa Reeves changes her mind, but I don't think it'll happen. The SOD article states that she and hubby, Scott Reeves of the country duo Blue County are moving to Nashville (they're even building a new house there). It also mentioned her work on CMT, I bet she's gonna get a permanent job on CMT soon.

SteveFrame, I like your choices. Sandra Ferguson would be a good Jenn. I wish GH was using her, I don't see why they even re-cast Felicia.

I definitely want Kyle Brandt to stay as Phillip. He's the best Phillip IMHO. I wish DAYS would bring on Sarah Horton for Phillip since it looks like DAYS will end up putting Shawn & Belle back together. I'd cast Catherine Wadkins(ex-Mary Bishop, GH) as Sarah.

• Members

Phoenix, ITA with you on that note. I started watching DAYS in 96, so I just missed Missy's first run. I never really cared for Jack and Jennifer, and couldn't understand what the hype behind them were. This was probably because I was stuck watching Stephanie Cameron with Mark Valley and then Steve Wilder. Then, when Missy returned in 2000, I remember everyone making such a big deal about Jennifer. We would get to see the "real" Jennifer Horton. 2000 came and it's now 2006 and I must say that I am unimpressed with the "real" Jennifer. If Missy is as great as everyone says she was, then she definitely has lost her spunk because I see nothing special about her.

As for a recast, that will only rely on if the show keeps Matthew Ashford. If Ashford decides to leave as well, then you could probably say goodbye to Jack and Jennifer (and probably Ashley Benson as Abby). If Ashford stays, they will recast her easily. My only prayer is that they DO NOT hire the actress that played Madison (Faux-Jennifer) during the end of the castle storyline. That would be such a huge mistake.

What about Kristina Wagner (ex-Felicia, GH)? I think she might chemistry with Matt.

• Members

Naaa. JMHO, but if Missy goes, take Matt with her. And Billy would probably go as well.

I'm getting worried again. The show seems to be headed back in the other direction. I truly believe the best thing for this show would be a new head writer. If Missy's questioning the material... and Kyle Brandt sounds like he's ready to bolt... how many more changes in cast can we take?

One more thing. If we get four or five actors wanting to leave, do NOT do another serial killer plot. :lol:

Oh yeah. I totally agree on this one. Pardon my French, but I have to wonder what the f--- GH was thinking on that one. Killing AJ was one of the biggest mistakes this show's made in years (right up there with Laura killing Rick Webber, her own FATHER, because he ABUSED HER?)

• Members

I like Missy alot, but she's definitely not the same as she was in her first run from the clips I've seen.

At one time, she was like THE most wanted actress in daytime. Virtually every week for years, she was on the cover of SOD and SOW even after she left Days with captions like, "Returning to Daytime?" "Missy to GH?" "Missy Speaks!"

Finally, when she did return to Days, I think all it got was like a halfpage mention, LoL. And not even a full article inside -- just a blurb with two paragraphs.

Archived