DAYS: November 2022 Discussion Thread ⌛

• Replies 234
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

Queen Sugar is an excellent series on OWN.  If you don't get the OWN network, you can watch the first 6 seasons on Hulu.  And you can purchase season 7 via amazon prime video.  It's a great series about a Black family in New Orleans.

Greg Vaughan played one of the only white characters in Queen Sugar.  His character Calvin was paired with the lead female character Nova (Rutina Wesley) for several years.  That pairing was popular. I loved them!

I think DAYS gave it no thought and said, oh we can just duplicate that... by doing an interracial relationship plug and play - by putting Eric with Jada. No relationship development at all, just put them together.  I love GV and I loved the Calvin/Nova pairing on Queen Sugar.  But you can't just do random plugandplay interracial representation without any thought.

Edited by janea4old

• Members

Yes!  Not to mention it seems so strange Eric entered what I can only consider at this point to be a casual sexual/romantic relationship so fast.  The man got fired from the PRIESTHOOD like 6 months ago.  Did Eric/Jada do anything more than share a run and coffee before they jumped into bed together lol?

• Members

I've also said that this on Twitter, but it seems Jada is more of a placeholder to be the third wheel on the road to reconciliation of Eric and Nicole. I would like to see Jada become her own character as well. I would like her to have more scenes with Steve and Kayla. In addition to her building a friendship with Stephanie as well. I love her connection of being Marcus' daughter, but I want more too. And who is her mother? Is it going to turn out to be Gail, Faith or someone else entirely? 

• Members

I didn't mind the Anniversary tribute. It wasn't a landmark anni so that little tribute was enough for me.

It would have been all the better if Maree Cheathem was there, Days only original Horton.

. Had Marie been included over the years she could have been in town and having lunch with Doug and Julie when the shoplifting thing happened and she could have recalled it as she was actually there.

• Members

After today, I rest my case about unlikable characters being shoved down our throats.

Leo's pity party did nothing for me. Being lonely and not having any gay male friends to go out with is still no excuse to be an [!@#$%^&*]. And all that talk about what a great guy Sonny is, there's no one else in Salem that he could have gone out with?? Zach Tinker deserves so much better than what he's getting

And, Alex still comes off like a creepy predator villain.

And they're all perfectly fine, as though being possessed is a common occurrence 

Please register in order to view this content

It just sucks because there are so many missed opportunities. 

You're right that they need to develop Jada more. We all want Eric and Nicole to be endgame, but they didn't need rush through Eric/Jada. They could have spent more time building their relationship. And if you ask me, they should have built up some kind of friendship between her and Shawn. They did have chemistry in their scenes together. Which Belle could have noticed as well and prompted her to continue her affair with EJ, which Ava could have exposed to get revenge on EJ instead of this kidnapping crap that we're seeing now. 

Too many missed opportunities.

I wish they'd bring her back for visits at least. The only surviving actor from the first episode and she's never been in any anniversary episodes.

Edited by AbcNbc247

• Members

If Leo had just come back like this after the Diane/John story I think it could have worked.  I honestly felt some sympathy for him at the end when he thought/hoped John was his father.  He even was the hero (sorta) in Beyond Salem.  Honestly, I can't take him seriously now.   And it's not like the show couldn't cast another guy (or bring back Paul) for Sonny.