ARTICLE: Emma Samms First Air Date Back On ‘General Hospital’ Revealed

• Webmaster
Emma Samms, Holly Sutton, General Hospital, GH, GH ABC, #GH, #GeneralHospital

It’ll be two months since it was first announced that Emma Samms would be reprising her iconic role as Holly Sutton on “General Hospital” before we see the actress back on our screens.

According to Soap Opera Digest, barring any last-minute preemptions, Samms will make her on-air return to the daytime drama series beginning Wednesday, October 19.

Note: Game one of the Major League Baseball Wild Card Series on Friday, October 7 was already built into the schedule.

No additional details about her return have been revealed, however, when the character was last seen in 2020, she was believed dead by Port Charles. Viewers would later see Holly very much alive and locked away in a cell in Monte Carlo where she’s been held captive by a mystery person. The storyline was to be picked up shortly after the reveal but Samms had contracted COVID, more specifically long COVID, which the CDC defines as people who have been infected with the virus that causes COVID-19 who “experience long-term effects from their infection, known as post-COVID conditions (PCC)” or long COVID. The website notes that post-COVID conditions include “a wide range of ongoing health problems; these conditions can last weeks, months, or years.”

“I have been in the grip of Long COVID, having contracted Coronavirus in March 2020. I’m immensely grateful to [Executive] Producer Frank Valentini and the writers for their understanding and willingness to accommodate my ongoing health issues. I can’t wait to get back to Port Charles!” said Samms in August of her return.

In addition to her role on “GH,” Samms also starred as Fallon Carrington Colby in “Dynasty” and its spinoff series “The Colbys.” She later reprised the role in “Dynasty: The Reunion.” Her post-‘Dynasty’ work has been extensive, concentrating on feature films and TV movies, including starring roles in “Delirious,” opposite John Candy, and in “The Marksman,” opposite Wesley Snipes. More recently, Samms returned to her recurring role in the popular BBC television drama, “Doctors.”

In October 2021, Samms married former BBC News presenter Simon McCoy.

Note: The post Emma Samms First Air Date Back On ‘General Hospital’ Revealed appeared first on the Soap Opera Network website.

Read More

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• Webmaster

I think it was a mistake. Based on wording it sounds like they meant to say “Very glad she’s back on the canvas…” but it seems like they did the @ symbol and typed the letter V. When you do that your name appears as the first V option.