B&B October 2022 Discussion Thread

• Members

I think it was the right choice to have Stephanie and Brooke bury the hatchet at the very end, and not in each other's backs. Just like I think, and I know others don't, that it was the right decision to have Brooke be with Stephanie when she died. Their rivalry defined the first 25 years of the show and it was a fitting end to their relationship.

I think the show should have had Brooke evolve after that though, and that's where they went wrong. She should have been allowed to mature into the matriarchal role that Stephanie had.

Edited by I Am A Swede

• Replies 260
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

I dislike slut-shaming of characters.  I know that was a thing decades ago, but it doesn't work anymore.  

Regardless of whether Stephanie ever came to like Brooke or not, I think that Stephanie would/should have changed a little in modern times and no longer called Brooke a sl*t.

Edited by janea4old

• Members

I really want to see Bill & Katie back together.  DD and HTom are powerasses.  But once again, Katie has Bill pegged about Brooke.  You could see it in Bill's eyes.  And the next thing you know he is at Brooke's doorstep.  I really do hope Brooke turns Bill away.  This pairing does Brooke NO favors, turning to her sister's ex. This is when Brooke makes stupid decisions when she is vulnerable like this.  I hate that Bill even showed up there.  It would have been just as effective, if not more, to see Brooke come home, and look around an empty house.

Edited by Jeff

• Members

I'm not watching B&B right now but I have watched B&B in the past & I have an opinion about Brad & writing the same story over & over & that is, that it is by intent, and that it's not that he can't help it, instead that it is his plan, even his secret weapon, and that it is to make all of the narrative as simple & quick to grasp as is possible & that is because B&B's most important factor is its universality to so many countries.  I'm sure that this is not new.

• Members

@Tonksadora That is an interesting take, and something I’ve praised this show for here at SON is the ease of its watchability. B&B is incredibly easy to catch up with given its 18 minute episodes and repetitive dialogue. My question is, does it air 5x/week in most foreign markets? It would drive me absolutely insane watching this show only once a week, there is no way in hell I’d have the patience for that.

• Members

In the Netherlands B&B airs every week day. Back in its very popular days we were 2/3 years behind and it averaged around 900.000 viewers each day (on a population which was then about 16 million). In 2006 it moved from one network to another, got a different timeslot and lost a lot of its popularity (surely also to do with the fact that its hayday was over by then) dropping to around 500.000 viewers daily at most. It moved again to another channel around the early '10s.

A few years ago they started airing 2 episodes a day to catch up (back to 1 episode a day now) and for about a year now we are almost completely up to date with the US episodes, to the point where sometimes they have to air repeats because here there are no pre-emptions.

I just checked and last week the average viewer count was around 150.000 viewers.

Another fun fact is that they have a what I would call a nostalgia channel here which airs classic B&B episodes in chronological order. I watched one a while ago and after some deducing I'm sure it was an episode from 1993.

That's more than was asked for but there you go. 

Edited by Markjeh

• Members

I tuned in a day or two for a few minutes and couldn’t get by the continuing fight for Ridge, Taylor running around Aspen in the slouchy hat looking like Steffy nearly 10 or 15 years ago in the fight for Liam. I did not understand at this point the fight over Ridge. Both Taylor and Brooke should have dropped it by now - what is the prize in Ridge?  And the kids at 30 or 35 years old still pining for their parents’ love lives. Thomas back to being Thomas. How many brain tumors is he going to have? 

• Members

Was it just me or was today's episode all over the place? Suddenly Quinn's gone and Carter is back to smooching with Katie. Thomas and Hope kissing. Brooke back to the bottle or will she have a fling with Liam?

I just can't with the couple swapping on this show. There's no reason to root for any of them. They only last a week...if that. It's hard to watch when there's nothing/no one to invest in.