Bold promo week of August 15th: Custody.

• Replies 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

I watched the episodes when Douglas was conceived.  It was obvious to me that Thomas raped Caroline because she was too drunk/stoned/whatever to consent.

I think Brad Bell said that it wasn't rape but that never convinced me.  At all.  I hated that they wrote it that Caroline moved to New York to try to work things out with Thomas (or something like that) when they took Linsey Godfrey off contract.

Liam is the first cousin of Douglas' late mother Caroline Spencer.  Liam is an idiot but he's a decent father figure.   Bill Spencer always looked out for his niece Caroline.

Hope isn't biologically related to Douglas, and I kind of feel "meh" about her character in general, but she's been good to Douglas.   And I loved it when Douglas revealed to everyone that Steffy had unknowingly adopted Beth due to the Reese Buckingham baby switch storyline.

I mean yeah.  Douglas is named after his great grandmother Stephanie Douglas Forrester.  So of course he should be part of that clan.  But still...

Thomas is kind of creepy. I never like it when soap characters are declared "redeemed" when we don't really see evidence of that process on screen.

Where are Douglas's Spencer grandmothers (Caroline's mothers)?  I lost track.

I think some sort of shared custody/visitation arrangement makes sense but I don't believe Thomas is stable enough to be a primary parent.

Edited by janea4old

• Members

Lmao at the mannequin memes (BTW contrary to most I really liked that story and thought it was well done…).

What happened to the previous Douglas? The actor was pure gold: „Phoebe is Baby Beth…“ and „Beth is alive“ gave me goosebumps and laughter at the same time. And when Thomas was gaslighting his own son…

and finally, this is Thomas‘ son. Bye Hope! Plotwise I appreciate that the show picks up with these characters after being Sheila and Steffy/Finn centric for a long time.

Edited by sheilaforever