Days of Our Lives: April 2022 Discussion Thread

• Replies 511
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

And I think the fact that Belle thinks her conception ruined her mother's life should have influenced her own life more negatively than it has.  No, really.  Belle should have been a screw-up all along, making all the kinds of stupid, harmful, self-destructive mistakes you could think of and more; proving Sami was right about her and being just a general, hot, needy mess from day one.  Instead, she's just so dull that even now, with her marriage imploding, she's putting everyone to sleep.

• Members

I agree.  I think Belle should have been at least a bit of a wild child or very bratty and spoiled.  Her upbringing was also all over the place with Marlena being kidnapped, possessed, John w/Kristen etc.  She spent more time with Chelsea the nanny than her parents, but KS's Belle was extremely well-adjusted and was said to have an idyllic childhood.  There should have been more trauma about what Sami did and said to her, but that's not how the character was brought in.  I also think Roman should have had a bigger role in Belle's life than he ever did even with Josh Taylor.  Like he always would think of her as the little girl he lost, but the show never played that beat and it would have been an interesting conflict for how John was with Sami/Carrie.  Anyway, the show should have delved into that more when they got MM because that's the type of character she could play.  MM tries so hard to be perfect Belle and it comes off boring.  If both Shawn and Belle acknowledged how shitty their childhoods were and how crazy their parents actually were as well and talked about it I might care about them.   But, as usual with Days, there are beats to play with rich history and it just doesn't happen.

• Members

A Chad and Sonny get together would be obvious although there hasn't been any signs Chad is bisexual or fluid. It would make a great triangle full of betrayal but Ron isn't capable of doing a story like that.

Lord all the nipple grabbing by Zach.

• Members

Exactly.  John and Marlena should have been over-indulgent with Belle out of guilt.  Or, going in another direction, Belle COULD and SHOULD have been the Perfect Daughter, overachieving and overcompensating for the circumstances behind her conception, until she just couldn't take the pressure anymore and began "acting out," preferably when she was in college on her own for the first time.  But it just seemed like DAYS have given us nothing where Belle's psychology is concerned.

• Members

The show really never has and that's why I am so disappointed in Belle.  She really had so much to build on and she was basically the perfect child without any issues.  The only thing that I will say about Belle is she had a very romantic view of love and marriage that I think has carried through the character.  She romanticized her parents love and when Shawn didn't provide what she wanted she looked elsewhere, but that motivation wasn't told.  I think I almost would have preferred Brady/Belle to be the opposite of what they were, but that may have been too much like Sami/Eric.  Not saying I would want Belle to be a psycho like KL's initial Brady, but have more resentment and anger.  But Brady's trauma was literally resolved through an action figure Marlena bought him as an adult so I am probably asking too much.

At this point Shawn should just say listen my sister married a serial killer and got over that lol.  You can't get over some weird devil [!@#$%^&*] your mom did to us?

• Members

Lord, lol! How this thread has shifted from Ron C. and his signature hatchet job at DAYS to the desire of Chad and Sonny banging it out. 

Please register in order to view this content

Well, I guess Ron C. is doing something right as his desires are also the desires of some of the viewers. 

• Members

Agree.  He aged them and forced them onto the front burner much too quickly, and he gave them (well, most of them) absolutely no depth whatsoever, too.

Well, it'd be a lot easier to swallow than Brady resenting Marlena for no damn reason.  (Seriously, Brady, you weren't even teething yet when your bio mom kicked the bucket.  Doc's the only mom you've ever really known.  So, what the [!@#$%^&*] is YOUR problem?)

Knowing that Shawn was under the (false) impression that he was having sex with his own wife just makes it hard for me to understand where Belle is coming from atm.  Pure, and simple.

• Members

IIRC, didn't the real Belle walk in on Shawn in bed with the fake Belle, who turned back into Jan moments later?  If she did, then there was nothing that Shawn needed to confess to.  He and Belle should have sensed immediately that something far more sinister was going on and that he wasn't entirely responsible for what had happened between him and "Belle."

Ugh.  I hate idiot plots, lol.

Here's something that could salvage this whole mess: believing that he and Sami are finished, and guided by his newfound feelings for Belle, E.J. elects to romance Jan, who has been released from the mental institution, in order to keep her from wrecking Shawn and Belle's lives any further.  As time goes on, E.J. develops genuine feelings toward Jan.  However, E.J. and Jan's relationship is in jeopardy when Sami suddenly returns with the goal of reclaiming her husband.

Edited by Khan