Y&R April 2022 Discussion Thread

• Members

Nobody has bothered to tell Abby Newman-Abbott-Chancellor 
anything about the Abbotts and Newmans.  She hasn't been invited to the family meetings.

The families have had meetings about the following events, but I don't think Abby was ever included in the discussions?

Her cousin Keemo has died.
Her cousin Keemo has a daughter Allie.

Her sperm-theft-switch-conception-cousin Kyle's mother Diane is alive. 
Abby and Kyle exist because of the actions of Ashley and Diane (and Nikki).

Her sister Victoria is married to a swindler who was trying to take over the Newman company.  Her brother Adam and her father Victor are trying to manipulate things.

Chancellor Industries is merging with Hamilton-Winters.
Her grandmother-in-law Jill approved this.

Does Abby know any of this?
(I don't even like the Abby character, but still... )
I'm totally fine with her being offscreen, but it's weird that she's not in the family meetings of her families.

Edited by janea4old

• Replies 221
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

I do wish that Ashland did have grown children or at least Tara was played by someone who had actual charisma and wasn't played by an actress who didn't have that. I wished they would've recast her with someone like Bree Williamson or Alexa Havins. Tara could've been secretly helping her husband taking control of Newman until he double-crosses her, and she decided to seek revenge. 

• Members

Totally weird. But it sorta underscores the idea that she’s not needed and they should send her, Chance, and Dom out of town. Ashley’s not on enough to be a factor in Abby’s life (same with Jill/Nina for Chance, who doesn’t have a connection with his Uncle Billy at all), and Abby/Chance have no deep or believable relationships with any other characters on the canvas. (The Abby/Mariah friendship was a plot contrivance.) Get rid of them and bring them back when they have a purpose and are played by competent actors.

Edited by Faulkner

• Members

Oh God. I can’t even with Devon. To saddle him with a child in such a bizarre and insulting way, especially when his first child died in utero…it’s nonsensical. They need to put him on the quick road to accepting Abby and Chance’s main custody of Dom, at least to facilitate their exit. The other alternative is for Chance’s mental state to deteriorate so much (or it leads to him suffering a serious injury) that he needs out-of-town treatment, Abby follows him, and Devon assumes full-time custody of Dom.

Edited by Faulkner

• Members

Personally if Devon & Amanda had to get the baby crazies after Don’s birth  I would have gotten Amanda pregnant, with the two happy but also fearful of the future and wondering if they made the right choice given their childhood. Then bring in Amanda’s newfound family and a returned Yolanda/Harmony as interlopers to create additional tension. Would have been miles better the garbage that we saw.

• Members

What JG did was absolutely grounds for dismissal and perhaps a ban from ever holding another writing position. Up there with the all-time worst stories ever in the genre. I would love to see YoHarmony and stuffy Naya in scenes, but Amanda’s whole family is another story that’s been dropped.

Edited by Faulkner

• Members

Y&R is all but admitting that Melissa Ordway's a dud and that Abby is uncastable.

Maybe it's just me, but I think Y&R really shot themselves in the foot by not giving Ashland grown children from previous marriages/relationships.

• Members

Oh yeah that's another thing.  Ashley is John's daughter in every way that matters.  Thus, Billy is Abby's uncle *and* Billy is Chance's uncle.  Billy is Dominic's granduncle on both sides.  Yet Billy never has scenes with the Abby/Chance/Dominic family. (I don't need to see the boring character Abby, but it's still weird).
If I didn't know the genealogy of the show, and I was a newer viewer, I wouldn't know Billy was related to them.

When Abby and Chance got married in 2020, was Billy there? I don't remember.

Edited by janea4old

• Members

LOL I just don’t want that generation of Abbotts to suffer another loss after Colleen, Delia, and Keemo. Just keep her off canvas for long enough that they can reinvent her if they choose. Or just Keemo her. (Although they’d never treat a white Abbott like they did Keemo.) 

• Members

At the VERY least, they could have said Ashland was sterile -- perhaps, as a result of being in that car accident with the real Ashland Locke -- and that it would be impossible for him ever to have children.  And his every decision in life would be haunted by that cruel twist of fate, too; wanting to build a media empire that will outlast him, because he's forever anguished over the fact that he'll never have a son or daughter to carry on the Locke family name.

Edited by Khan