DOOL: Spoilers, 11-15 April

• Members

I'm hearing rumors they're breaking up Sonny and Will and pairing Sonny with either Craig, Gabi or Leo. This show just keeps getting worse.

A split up yet Ciara and Ben are happily together doing nothing. No story...nada!

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

Why won't they just bring back Paul if they are splitting Will/Sonny up?

Idk, what are they really going to do with Ciara/Ben?  VK seems to tape a bunch of shows in a few days so Ciara can't really have a new romance and Ben will never be a viable love interest for anyone because he's a serial killer lol. 

• Members

Well, can you blame them for going in this direction?  At this point, ZT can make more of a commitment to the show than CM can.  Keeping Sonny tethered to Will will limit him story-wise.

Once upon a time, I really would have made a bigger deal out of Ben unable to find work due to his criminal background.  Even now, with a baby on the way, we should see Ben struggle to provide for his growing family financially, and the toll that that takes on his and Ciara's marriage.  (Especially when the only gig he can land is one at a strip club, trading on his past notoriety as the "Necktie Killer.") But that ship has probably sailed.

Edited by Khan

• Members

I am always unclear if Ciara has a job.  Does she work at Titan? Ben works at the garage still, right?  There should be a lot more angst about Ben having a child and the financial responsibilities, but I guess the devil wanting to steal their child is bigger angst-even though much stupider.

But Ben turning to sex work to support his family would be a plot point I could enjoy.

• Members

I cannot believe this is all still going and they still haven't retconned Ben being a motherfucking serial killer.

Ron must really, really take the response to the OLTL rapemance and Franco personally.

It is ludicrous to suggest Sonny's only options are the much older man, the gay villain stereotype and a woman. Come on. If they broke those two up and gave him an actual separate romance, which I doubt knowing DAYS, it will be someone new or it will be a Paul recast.

• Members

Idk, I thought I heard Ciara yapping about working at Titan or getting her job back there awhile ago.  Her attire on the show suggests she does not work at a business conglomerate though.  I do think Ben still works at the garage though.  Someone has to work.  

• Members

I'm not gonna lie, Ben strikes me as the type who would get all pissy and angry that his wife makes more money than he does 

Please register in order to view this content

And if they're really gonna break up Sonny and Will (for a while anyway), now would be the perfect time for them to bring back Paul. The actor himself is hoping for it, and it would make much more sense for Sonny to reunite with the man that he almost married rather than a guy he hates.

• Members

What, you don't believe Ben and Ciara (and their baby) could live on love alone? 

Please register in order to view this content

Ben and Ciara arguing over the disparity in their salaries, with old-fashioned Ben believing he, and not his wife, should be the proverbial breadwinner, would give them genuine conflict and better definition - so, of course, Ron Carlivati is gonna run like hell from it.

• Members

Lol, no.  John/Marlena probably could though.

I am pretty sure Ciara has some sort of trust fund as well.  From Victor.  From Bo.  From Doug/Julie.  I don't think she's poor or anything.  She probably just doesn't tell Ben she pays the bills and he does think their love is paying for their expenses lol.

• Members

Sonny and Gabi??

Years ago, I actually wrote out a story idea where Sonny did question his sexuality, which led Will to a very dark place of anger and betrayal before he connected with the old Horton tenets of being a good person and forgiving and so on (and I might have had him fall for a priest, given all the priest kink in his family history), but it's not something I would ever trust these writers with. And if it does happen, I would also wonder if they only care about pairing Sonny with a woman because a "hot" actor is now in the role. 

Sad to say I think I still might prefer Sonny and Gabi to pathetic Leo, the face of Ron Carlivati's deep-seated issues regarding gay men, and Craig, a shameful, unnecessary retcon that seems to have belly flopped with the remaining viewer base.

• Members

Oh, Will (or any gay man) falling in love with a priest would be a FANTASTIC story to watch.

I don't think she is either.  But, again, the opportunity for organic conflict is there -- Ciara feels comfortable providing financially for their family, but Ben is determined to provide for them and be an all-around better dad to their kid than Clyde was to him and Jordan -- and Ron Carlivati's ignoring it completely.  We should be enthralled with the lengths that Ben would go to to support the family.  Instead, we're being forced to watch dumb [!@#$%^&*] about gender reveal parties and the devil laying claim on the baby for reasons we're still not 100% clear about.

• Members

I don't think Days has done organic conflict since like 1993, but I agree.  

I assume the devil wants the kid because it will be ridiculously good looking and probably dumb and slightly evil.  Like why wouldn't the devil just take Henry when the devil is in Allie's body and the child was the product of rape and an evil man as well?

• Members

Which is why their budget today is literally someone's SSI benefits, and why their core audience has dwindled down to a group of Omaha housewives who don't trust the Internet.

And when it comes to the devil's motivations for wanting the baby, your theory's as good as anyone else's, lol.