YR actress returns (spoiler!!!)

• Members

I'm not sure if Y&R was ever a popular show for its realism. What is missing is the glamour, the complex character work and years-long storylines that are well-plotted. And those aren't coming back, with or without Diane.

Edited by DRW50

• Replies 177
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

So in addition to finally addressing the Keemo situation Y&R doubles down and throws in a 'back from the dead' of an unrelated character.

Surely the arrival of Jack's grandchild would have been enough?

It would be more logical for Mari Jo Mason to be involved if they wanted to introduce a love interest for Jack.

• Members

Please register in order to view this content

Yes please

People were already tuning out before she even arrived. Without keemo she pointless.

What happened to her? I don't even remember. Did she go to jail for shooting Victor?

• Members

I was always under they impression that Alex Donnelly was fired due to ageism. They wanted to do the Phyllis/Diane rivalry but wanted someone who *looked* closer to MS's age (Donnelly and Stafford are only 6 years apart).

Anyway, this would be exciting if the show was remotely good. And if Kyle was actually on canvas.

• Members

I don't understand why the show doesn't bring back Cameron Kirsten (played by Susan Walters' husband Linden Ashby). That would be generate story for Sharon, Nick, Mariah and Noah. Hell throw Victor and Nikki in there too. He's also still ALIVE. And he's a VILLAIN. This show has such middle of the road characters, we need someone to spice things up.

• Members

From growing up and as soaps changed, I would have to add realism onto that list as well.

Please register in order to view this content

With the years-long storylines on top on that, it just resonated...hit different...when something (finally) hit its climax. In real time at that. 

• Members

Another possibility is that Kyle was aware Diane was alive, but kept it secret knowing how many people really wanted her dead. It would be a far better twist and certainly cause a ton of friction with Jack and Summer. It'll be boring if they bring back Kyle just so he can cry and rant on his mom for two weeks and then disappear.

• Members

Victor was just the absolute worst under MAB. I want to forget all that horribleness starting with Colleen’s death. I can’t help but remember a lot of interviews with Braeden around that time shrugging off how Victor was being written or trying to justify it. I think this was post MAB but I’m still pissed off he had the nerve to say Sharon was more crazier then Victor! Someone though written OOC was written to have a mental illness.