YR actress returns (spoiler!!!)

• Replies 177
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

I think I am going to call it the Krista Allen PR strategy but there is really something to be said for actors*resses who sound super friendly and enthusiastic about the job but have enough sense of humor to show they don't take it all too seriously.
I don't know how much it is worth in the end if what's on screen crashes and burns but for me it puts me in a space where at the outset my potential goodwill for a story/recast is significantly increased.

• Members

She was so perfect for Y&R acting-wise, just not in that role. Alas we can't rewrite history.

On a side note, I am always fascinated that they never found the time or interest to revisit the identity of Sharon's father and all the possibilities on that side of her family.

• Members

Sharon searching for her dad could be interesting. She could discover he had a mental illness, which would help explain her own traumas and maybe she could find a half sibling out there.

Rey and Sharon could search together and we could see them happy and being a team.

However, let's say Sharon's half brother is a bit of a loser with a criminal record and Rey dislikes him but Sharon wants to believe she can redeem him. Conflict for those two which the brother exploits.

• Members

Walters' comments about daytime having more complex roles for older women at the end of that posted article are very true about the medium historically, though sadly not nearly as much now as in the glory days. I can't fault her for still finding value in reclaiming Diane and having a purpose of her own on the show vs. primetime guest spots though.

• Members

There's a lot you could do with Sharon's newly discovered half-brother.  You could have him cause problems between Rey and Sharon - as you've mentioned, @Paul Raven - and you could have him create problems between another couple as well (say, Chance and Abby?).  And he could wreak havoc on Adam and/or Nick financially, starting trouble at Newman Enterprises.

• Members

Faith could idolize him and follow some bad advice that leads her into trouble.

A rivalry with Noah?

Has the hots for Sally?

Maybe he had some association with people from Tessa's shady past and causes problems for her and Mariah.

Seems like a character that could be involved in a lot of stories.

Now all we need is a charismatic actor and good writing...