YR actress returns (spoiler!!!)

• Members

On the plus side, it does sound like they are going to acknowledge everything that happened with Maura in the role as cannon. And while I am still rolling my eyes at how they are going to explain her being alive, even with Adam's help, I hope they do continue that alliance/friendship. 
Of course you know JG will let the fact Adam knew Diane was alive and let Nikki take the fall be resolved with one angry scene and then done but hey on paper I don't mind it.

On the downside, both that promo and SW's comments about what happened when she was gone really make me worry that we are not dealing with writing with a clear understanding of who Diane is supposed to be.
She is an antagonist, not a villain.

• Replies 177
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

Oh I thought/was hoping that she was suggesting that it was a scheme with two layers (we are going to fake your death PSYCH you are really dead PSYCH it was actually the plan all along to fake the death on top of the thwarted fake death).

I stand corrected. I should really wait to see how it plays out on screen I guess.

• Members

A nicely done promo and they picked good clips. It's interesting to see how Susan Walters embraced going grey - when AD left there was talk about ageism, so it's refreshing to see her looking fantastic, but also her age.

Absolutely correct. When AD played Diane the character got mercilessly screwed over by Victor and Nikki, and then used by Jack and Brad, and then humiliated with her pregnancy. You could understand why she used the power she had to strike back.

When SW took over the role she moved into the Jack & Phyllis triangle but again the way Phyllis treated her you could understand that they were an even match: neither one was good or evil.

Hopefully the writers find shades of grey for her.